Driver Supervisor - Part time
Our community meals service delivers hot meals to some of society's most vulnerable adults.
We have contracts throughout the country that offer a seven day a week food service solution for this client base.
All of our meals are prepared by chefs in our own Trowbridge kitchen and can cater for a wide variety of tastes, ethnicities and dietary requirements and are delivered frozen ready for regeneration at your site.
The service that we provide is much more than simply providing a hot meal; we provide a 'safe & well-being check' and have a rigorous process of reporting of any illnesses and unforeseen circumstances that we might come across.
We will even wait with a customer until a relative or ambulance attends the scene.
Summary of Position
A passion for supporting vulnerable people, together with a great attitude towards customer service is essential for this role.
You will support the Service Centre Manager in being responsible for the West Sussex Contract and will have input into the financial performance, health & safety, client liaison, recruitment, training and development of your team. Training and support will be provided from Induction through to starting the role. There will always be telephone support if needed but not necessarily on-site support.
The ideal candidate should be inspirational, challenge the norm and not be afraid to think big!
This position is 15 hours per week working 2/7 days, potentially working every other weekend or one day every weekend between 08.30 - 16.00. Flexibility will be required, as part of the role you may be asked to support covering hours of our Full Time Driver Supervisor and Satellite Supervisors, at times of sickness absence and annual leave.
- Ensure that the depot’s fleet of vehicles is operating at the highest efficiency and well maintained.
- Responsible for first line management of delivery drivers and loaders.
Including, absence management, disciplinary & grievance matters.
- Responsible for ensuring that all meals are delivered and accounted for in line with Company Delivery Procedures.
- Ensure that accurate stock levels are maintained and stored appropriately.
- Ensure all freezer and fridge temperatures are recorded.
- Ensure the depot is clean and organised.
- Ensure the regeneration kitchen is clean and organised.
- Promote best practise health and safety ensuring all procedures are followed and staff are trained.
- To produce staff working rotas and ensure staffing is in line with budget.
- To carry out interviews for recruitment and training.
- Ensure accident reporting is in line with company procedures, along with accident investigations.
- Hold staff and individual meetings to discuss results of telematics reports and other issues.
- Ensure food ordering is accurate and on time.
- Ensure that all company procedures are followed in completion of duties.
- Proven experience in supervising a team successfully including investigations, disciplinaries and managing absence.
- Experienced in stock control.
- Have had to complete paperwork as part of current/previous role.
- Experienced in handling cash.
- To be IT literature – Microsoft packages.
- Able to provide excellent customer service.
- Full Driving license for Manual vehicles with the entitlement to drive in the UK.
- Good understanding of written & oral English.
- Experience of working with the elderly/vulnerable.
- Experience of fleet management.
- Experience of depot organisation.
- Food Hygiene certificate.
- Clean driving license.
- Some Health & Safety training.
If you have the right skills and want to be part of a growing and exciting company then please "Apply Now" and send us your latest CV outlining your experience.
More Jobs from Postify
- Sales Office Technical Support
- Part-Time Credit Controller
- Sales Office Administrator
- Flexible Care Assistant
- Sales Executive - Powder Coating
- Sales Manager
- Software Developer
- Dental Receptionist / PA
- Driver Supervisor - Part time
- Flexible Care Worker/ Personal Assistant
- Property Lettings Negotiator
- Apprenticeships Programme Tutor
- Internal Sales Executive
- Assistant to General Manager
- Property Manager
- Team Leader - Packing
- Workshop Assembly Technician
- CNC Operator
- Care Assistant
- Senior Technical / Quality Manager