Transport Planner/ Manager - Nights
Role: Transport Planner/Shift Manager - Nights
Our Client is a General Haulage, Pallet Network and Warehousing business that is expanding at a fast pace.
They are looking to recruit a Transport Planner/Shift Manager at Their Head Office based in Maltby, Rotherham, working on a 4on 4off shift pattern, nights.
Their transport office environment is very busy and you will not have a chance to be bored.
Therefore, they need people who are happy to be kept busy and can work under pressure.
Provide dedicated customer service, have initiative and worked within a General Haulage environment.
You will be responsible for the execution and planning of the drivers work schedule, making sure this is done efficiently.
When performing the role you will need to ensure the service to their customers, quality of the driver performance and compliance is maintained.
A vital part of the role will be communication with the day planning team, updating on changes and working closely with de-briefers and other Shift Managers to ensure that there is a seamless pass over from nights to days and shift to shift.
Outline of Main Duites:
- Cost effective planning of vehicles to meet customer load plan, ensuring empty mileage is minimised.
- Make any changes needed to the plan, ensure that the work flows throughout the shift
- Pre Brief drivers and allocate work as planned.
- Ensure decisions are taken with full knowledge of the P&L implications to the business
- Ensure drivers are dressed in the correct PPE as required prior to departure.
- Monitor jobs, progress chase and ensure Truckcom system is maintained to service customer requirements
- Delivery performance remains at the agreed KPI and that any non-conformance is investigated and escalated accordingly.
- De Brief drivers accordingly to ensure that jobs have been completed correctly, vehicles washed, filled with fuel and tachograph information is downloaded at the end of each shift / working week.
- Ensuring returns are handled and dealt with as per customer requirements.
- Ensure spot checks on the loading of trailers to ensure that it’s being done correctly
- Compile accurate shift report, with smooth hand over of shift with next Supervisor.
- Encourage team work and lead the team that work directly and indirectly for you to ensure solutions to problems quickly and without hesitation
- Ensure that the facilities are safe, clean and organised
- Monitor fuel cards, Tacho Card/Vehicle downloads and all defects are completed/reported.
- Ensure driver infringements are signed off quickly
- Assist with loading and unloading when required
- Raise any non-conformances immediately to relevant person and/or Line manager.
- Maintain compliance of H&S, ISO9001 and 14001, policies and procedures
- Support any role if needed to cover sickness & holidays
- Carry out training in any other role and comply with correct process
Experience and Skills:
- Experience of working in a busy transport office (General Haulage environment)
- Experience of General Haulage route planning
- Comprehensive knowledge of Drivers Hours, WTD and Road Transport Regulations
- Strong people management skills, leading by example and engaging with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to train and develop people
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages
- Excellent IT, communication and customer service skills
- International CPC would be desirable, however knowledge of Transport law would be an advantage
£25,000 per annum, 4 on 4 off shift pattern, 6pm to 6am.
28 days holiday, Auto Enrolment pension, onsite parking, uniform and life assurance are provided.
More Jobs from Aqumen Recruitment
- Chemical Process Operator/FLT Driver
- Inbound Customer Service Advisor
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Mechanical Operative
- Junior Buyer (Indirect)
- INTERNAL SALES EXECUTIVE
- Store Manager
- Freight Forwarder
- Control Room Operator
- Shift Supervisor
- Process Setter Injection Moulding
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Technician
- International Business Development Executive
- Product Manager
- Granite Sawyer/Machine Operator
- Operations Support Leader
- Technical Sales Account Manager
- Transport Coordinator
- HGV Mechanic