Materials Manager - Aerospace
A Materials Manager who should be able to implement MRP and process improvement across; Purchasing, Planning and Stores.To provide oversight and day to day Management of the Purchasing and Stores/Logistics Departments in conjunction with the relevant department Supervisors and the Managing Director.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implement strategic supply chain plans to support long term business goals.
- Develop, implement and improve policies and procedures for Materials Purchasing, Freight, Storage, handling and control of materials.
The overall management of the Company materials, parts and supplies procurement, storage and logistics.
- Maintain economic departmental costs and expenditure within allocated budgets and advise and seek approval from the Managing Director of any variance.
- Ensure correct materials handling, storage conditions and facilities are maintained to regulation standards.
- Optimise the Company's investment in materials and parts.
- Ensure that orders for aeronautical parts and supplies are only placed upon approved suppliers, and assessment of supplier performance liaison with suppliers.
- The overall management of the system which ensure the continuous serviceability and calibration of tooling and equipment.
- Liaise with other departments and customers on all matters relating to materials and parts.
Ensuring materials contractual awareness.
- Ensure adequate Stores and Purchasing Staff levels, and the development and training of them.
- Materials quality standards and compliance with the Company Quality system.
- Developing, Production and Review of department procedures and ensure all staff understand and adhere to Company procedures.
- Compliance with the Company Quality, Health and Safety and the environmental policies.
- Ensure compliance with the Company Safety System in respect of actively advocating, promoting and implementing safety policy - identification, assessment and resolution of risks and hazards, ensuring operational safety in the workplace, implementing corrective actions within required timescales, ensuring a ll directly reporting staff are trained and remain actively aware and comply with requirements of the Company safety system.
Actively participate in the Company Management and Safety forums.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience implementing ERP and MRP tools
- Proven experience as materials manager
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
- Experience of implementing; KPIs, LEAN and continuous improvement processes Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements.
- A problem-solver
- BSc/BA in business, purchasing or relevant field
- Experience in development and deployment of Supply Chain Management strategies.
- Inventory management experience.
- Proven track record of supplier relationship management experience.
- People management experience and strong leadership skills.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in shipping and receiving
- Strong blend of experience between ‘hands on' operational procurement and strategic planning.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
More Jobs from Integra
- Poultry Farm Labourer
- Poultry Farm Labourer
- MIG Welder
- Recruitment Consultant (temp) - Construction, Trades
- Garage Workshop Operative
- CSCS Labourer
- Senior Registered Learning Disability Nurse
- Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Fabrication Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Support Worker
- FLT counter balance
- Data Entry Administrator - Nights
- Multi Skilled Machinist
- Physiotherapist PIP Disability Assessor - Croydon
- Paramedic PIP Disability Assessor - Croydon
- Staff Nurse PIP Disability Assessor - Croydon
- Paramedic PIP Disability Assessor - Canterbury
- Staff Nurse PIP Disability Assessor - Canterbury