Mid level Web QA Tester
Are you a methodical and super-particular Web QA Tester, with 2-5 years' experience (or equivalent knowledge) across a wide range of software projects under your belt?
Are you a stickler for proper processes, but totally flexible when it comes to managing your time? If yes, you may be interested in what is on offer.
You will be;
Reporting directly to the Digital Director, conducting testing on a wide range of websites and web apps.
You'll also work closely with designers, developers, creative directors, and account managers to deliver complex systems with the highest levels of quality.
Typical daily tasks;
● Testing websites for functionality, accuracy and adherence to web standards and design.
● Providing input for business analysts and software developers to help create functional specifications and define acceptance criteria.
● Generating test cases and creating manual test scripts.
● Recording and reporting testing results to project managers.
● Demonstrable experience of testing a wide range of websites, with sound understanding of test processes.
● Excellent problem-solving skills.
● Brilliant analytical skills and knowledge of test-case creation techniques.
● Excellent visual awareness and attention to detail.
● Good understanding of content management systems (CMS) or similar multi-user workflow based systems.
● Good understanding of HTML and using browser tools to diagnose issues.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies including Agile.
● A team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
● Able to self-manage to ensure projects are completed on time, and above expectations.
● Flexible, and able to cope with multiple projects at any one time.
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced agency with tight deadlines.
Bonus points for
● Experience of testing Drupal applications.
● ISEB-certified to Foundation Level or greater.
● Experience of API testing, in particular, Postman or SoapUI.
● Database testing experience (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle etc.).
● Some experience in Windows scripting language, i.e.
VBScript, PowerShell, Batch Script, WMI, etc.
● Previous experience or knowledge of testing for website accessibility (WCAG AA level).
● Experience of automated testing using Selenium or Selenium WebDriver.
What you'll be getting…
● A competitive salary, reflective of your skills and experience.
● 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 - plus bank holidays.
● Training and development opportunities, including industry-relevant conference attendance.
● The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
● Healthcare cash plan.
● Private medical insurance.
● Childcare vouchers.
● Cycle to Work scheme with secure bike racks (and a shower at the office!).
● Retail and gym discounts.
● Frequent social events.
● As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle.
● An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do, and have fun while they do it.
Whether on or offline, provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
Having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
So, if you like the sound of this, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service the clients demand, please click apply !!
, First telephone interview will be with the HR Manager.
, Second interviews will be with the Head of Technical Solutions or Head of Development, Senior Web QA Tester and HR Manager.
, Third interviews will be with the Project Management Team Lead, Managing Director and Digital Director.
More Jobs from Edge Recruits
- Meat Room Operative
- Junior Developer
- Wholesale Operative
- Junior ICT Technician
- Junior Utility Surveyor
- Junior ICT Technician
- Trainee Contract Manager
- Engineering Geologist
- Experienced Utility Surveyor
- Graduate and Experienced Engineering Geologists
- Casual Workers
- Website Developer / Front End Developer
- Factory Operative
- Commercial Sales Negotiator
- Operations Manager
- Accounts Assistant - Short Term Contract
- Field workers / harvesters
- Fleet Administrator
- Traffic Management Operatives