Our client is one of UK's most experienced company in environmental consultancy, property and buildings, power and energy, highways, roads and rail infrastructure, urban and regional planning.
Based in one of their southern regional offices, our client is looking for a Senior Archaeologist to join their Heritage Team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will provide senior level support in the production of heritage baseline and impact assessments, and the design and management of archaeological projects.
- You will also have the opportunity to mentor and development junior staff across various offices in the UK in line with the client's culture.
- Identify and manage HSE risks
- Be pro-active in developing business opportunities and providing technical support for the team
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree qualified in a heritage related subject
- Sound knowledge of British archaeology and the UK's national planning policy framework
- Able to think strategically
- Be a creative problem solver
- Manage the pressure of multiple demands on your time and resources
- Ability to develop confidence and trust in your relationships with clients, stakeholders, statutory consultees, contractors and colleagues alike
- Able to show they can work positively in a variety of demanding environments
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams with different goals
- Must be an Associate Member of CIfA or working towards this accreditation
- Experience in writing several or all of the following types of reports is essential: Environmental Impact Assessments, Heritage Statements, Archaeological Desk-based Assessments, Historic Landscape Assessments, Scheduled Monument Consents, Listed Building Consents and fieldwork design briefs.
- A full UK driving licence is required
- Must be willing to travel throughout the UKHave at least 4 years' commercial and/or consultancy experience
- Have an excellent oral and written communications skills
- Have commercial acumen
- Have the opportunity to develop their career within a registered CIfA heritage consultancy, working alongside other multi-disciplinary environmental colleagues in a dynamic business
- Have the opportunity to work on a wide range of high profile UK projects that cover both public and private sector schemes and developments
- Have an opportunity for a great career progression
- Competitive salary (exceeds CIfA salary criteria)
- A comprehensive range of both ‘voluntary' and ‘anytime' benefits' to match your lifestyle choice and a friendly working environment with a strong team spirit
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV and ideally with a cover letter.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Construction Manager
- Heating Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Senior Structural Engineer
- Graduate Structural Engineer
- Staff Nurse AICU
- Building Surveyor
- Construction Project Manager
- Commercial Gas Engineer
- Consultant - Radiology
- Consultant - OBGYN
- Consultant - PICU
- Senior Project Architect
- Health and Safety Training Manager
- Lead Design Architect
- Senior Architect