Eurofins is searching for a Quality Manager in Lancaster, PA.
Quality Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Reads, understands and follows management system requirements as relevant to responsibilities, including but not limited to requirements found in the Quality Manual, SOPs, Local Work Instructions and Methods which in turn ensures compliance with ISO/IEC 17025/AOAC ALACC requirements and relevant government regulatory requirements.
· Reviews and distributes new/revised controlled documents and ensures the proper maintenance/disposal of superseded SOPs.
· Acts as a resource for laboratory personnel for correct application and interpretation of internal quality documents.
· Ensures staff is aware and trained on documents and requirements relevant to their responsibilities and reviews employee training binders on a regular basis to ensure training records are properly completed and on-file.
· Ensures daily process controls for enumeration and pathogen testing are prepared with client samples and evaluates data to ensure it meets pre-defined acceptance criteria.
· Conducts annual self-audit, conducts or coordinates monthly method audits, and generates audit reports including findings.
· Ensures non-conformances and complaints are identified and documented and that timeliness requirements are met.
Monitors non-conformances, root cause analysis, and complaint resolutions for trends.
Assists in root cause analysis and corrective action efforts.
· Ensures equipment is properly qualified and maintained.
Maintains equipment list and calibration schedule and ensures that calibrations are performed in a timely manner.
Ensures the qualifications of contracted calibration services.
· Verifies results and submits results, either electronically or in hard copy, to the appropriate personnel for transmission, in a timely manner.
· Maintains schedule and participation in proficiency testing programs with technical management.
· Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
· Coordinates the monitoring and review of the performance of quality critical suppliers; maintains a list of currently approved suppliers..
· Conducts Quality Management Review meeting at least once per year in cooperation with laboratory management.
· Accompany auditors (e.g.
ISO quality inspectors) during audits of the laboratory and coordinates responses to audit findings.
· Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees.
Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers.
This includes “intra” and “inter” departmental employees.
· Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
· Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess :
· BS Degree in Food Science or Microbiology preferred.
· Prefer experience or coursework in laboratory procedures, data analysis, computer operations, mathematics, and technical/business writing.
· Previous experience in a production style laboratory preferred.
Experience with ISO 17025 strongly preferred
· Prior in-depth experience working in an ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratory and with QC/QA programs an important advantage.
· A strong understanding of food microbiology and corrective action investigation is strongly desired.
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor's degree in science or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
· Willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Eurofins Scientific Inc.
- Laboratory Tech 1
- Laboratory Technologist - 3rd Shift
- Preclinical Development Scientist - Preformulation Automation
- Process Analytics Scientist
- In Vitro Drug Disposition Scientist
- Senior Immunology Scientist
- Senior HRIS Specialist
- Internal Auditor
- IT Software Developer - ELN
- Staff Accountant
- Benefits/401K Specialist
- Senior Scientist Biochemistry
- Senior Data Review Scientist
- Senior Data Review Scientist
- Staff Accountant
- 2nd shift IT Support Specialist (Service Desk)
- HRIS Specialist
- Laboratory Technician
- Study Director - In Vivo Pharmacology/Toxicology
- Senior Data Package Administrator