Gardener / Team Leader
We are looking for Gardening Supervisor to supervise a team and carry out the highest standard of gardening work as
appropriate to the job in hand.
Work to include carrying out and also teaching Trainee Gardeners in:
- Cutting and striping lawns using professional roller lawnmowers, ensuring stripes are straight.
- Trimming lawn edges.
- Weeding beds and borders maintaining a fine tilth and removing any unwanted debris.
- Pruning shrubs using correct methods.
- Trimming hedges and carrying out any topiary that requires specialised care and attention.
- Dead heading perennials at the appropriate times of the year, aiding in re-flowering
Rejuvenation to include:
- Sweeping and blowing the paths and hard standings.
- Weed control and spraying (if appropriate certification is held).
- Ensuring company vehicles, tools and equipment are kept in a clean, well-maintained and safe condition.
Plan and prioritise the daily schedule and make decisions on what work is to be carried out, appropriate to the job in hand.
Ensure the work and conduct of the team members is of a professional standard.
Full uniform is provided and must be worn at all times.
Employees' appearance is expected to reflect the high professional standards of the company.
Work comprises of a 5 day week to include some Saturdays.
Generally, a 7.30am start.
Pay: £12.00 to £16.00 per hour dependent on experience.
- A horticultural qualification would be an advantage but not essential
- Previous professional experience of carrying out the highest standards of garden
- maintenance, together with a genuine enthusiasm for horticulture.
- Hard-working team-leader able to use initiative and supervise and train others.
- Spraying Certificate and Licence to tow a trailer are requirements.
- A driving license is essential for this post
If you wish to apply please email your updated CV or contact Bea at Mploy Christchurch
More Jobs from Mploy Staffing Solutions
- Temporary HR Advisor
- Editorial Assistant
- Foundry operator
- Content Editor
- GRP Laminator
- Recycling Operatives / Sorters
- Environmental Officer
- Customer Support Advisor
- Production Operatives
- Production Operatives
- Service Centre Administrator
- Claims Assistant
- Customer Screening Advisor
- Technical Product Support Agent
- Dutch Technical Translator
- Service Administrator
- Accounts Assistant
- LAMINATING LABOURER
- GRP LAMINATOR