Mechanical Design Engineer
To develop sensors for use in rugged and harsh environments for optical, acoustic, electromagnetic, thermal and flow measurement.
The idea candidate will have sensor head mechanical design experience in an R&D environment working on optical sensing systems.
* Degree or other higher level qualification in Engineering or a related Subject with strong physics and maths
* Relevant commercial experience.
* FEA stress and thermal analysis
* SolidWorks and/or COMSOL ideal, although training will be provided.
* Mechanical Design of sensor element and high temperature packaging including;
* Analytical and numerical modelling and analysis.
* Working with the process engineering team on manufacturing processes.
* Simulation, design and build of new test equipment.
* Specification of new sensor systems.
* Ownership and maintenance of ISO9001 design standards.
* Managing suppliers, including the definition of supplier requirements and incoming inspection criteria
* Develop of IP for the company
Good communication skills are a must since you will be working with a wide range of team members.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £33000 - £48000 Per Annum
- Location: Abingdon, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Design
- Recruiter: Expert Employment
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Tel: 0845 4677 461
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 1113
- Posted: 2018-06-11 14:12:54 -
- View all Jobs from Expert Employment
More Jobs from Expert Employment
- Applications Engineer - Web Developer, Bracknell.
- Interaction and User Research study Designer
- Web Application Developer.
- User Experience (UX) Web Application Developer.
- Principal Electronic Test Engineer
- Web Systems Software Developer
- Administration and Reception support
- Principle Embedded Software Engineer, Newport
- Environmental Test Engineer : Computer Equipment, Colchester
- Embedded Software Engineer, hands on manager Newport.
- Linux FreeNAS Storage Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer; Java, AngularJS / GO with RESTful.
- PHP Web Developer
- Applications Engineer
- QA Automation Engineer.
- Sales Co-ordinator - Electrical Wire and Cable Assemblies industry
- Product Assembly Lead*
- Senior Software Engineer / Team Lead
- Sales Executive