Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer sought by a successful and innovative high technology company, with a track-record of long term stability and a renowned reputation for developing and manufacturing high calibre Optoelectronic Instrumentation for UV-Vis-IR Spectroscopy, Radiometry, Metrology and other engagingly varied Optical based technology.
Working across the full life-cycle of Mechanical Product Design from concept to manufacture inclusive of 'hands-on' Prototype development and DFM issues you will be undertaking both Product Design and Industrial Design as you work on the aesthetic & ergonomic elements of the Instruments' design in an addition to their Mechanical engineering design issues.
This will cover a range of technology including the design aspects of Mounting, Positioning and Fitting of a range of Optics components & subsystems such as Mirrors, Light Sources and Monochromators together with Electronic sub-systems and PCB based mounts.
Also significant High-Precision design work of Enclosures and Sheet-Metal components including working in Aluminium and its Shaping through to the know-how of related machine-shop / CNC Machining to create the enclosures.
Working on OEM, New Products and application-specific modifications, you will be a key participant in the company's Design for Manufacture process, applying your Manufacturability-lead design ethos from Supplier identification/liaison through to first inspection of production units.
This will include generating both 3D and 2D high-precision and usable engineering drawings in Autodesk Inventor for both design and build.
BSc+ in Mechanical Design / Physics with 3 years+ experience in Opto Mechanical design ideally for Metrology, Medical, Lighting, Solar Cell or Scientific Instrumentation applications or markets.
You will be comfortable interacting with both customers and suppliers and be driven by both an open enquiring mind together with a pride in your work which ensures an attention to detail to achieve your Right First Time focus.
Mechanical Designers with a background in the design of physics technology equipment will also be considered as will 3D CAD experience in other software such as SolidWorks or Pro-Engineer / CREO, provided you are happy to migrate to using Autodesk Inventor.
Opto-Mechanical Engineer, Innovative, Optoelectronic Instrumentation, UV-Vis-IR Spectroscopy, Radiometry, Metrology, Optical, Mechanical Design, Concept to Supply, Prototype Development, DFM Product Design, Industrial Design, Ergonomics, Mounting, Positioning, Optics, Mirrors, Light Sources, Monochromators, Electronic sub-systems, PCB based mounts, High-Precision design, Enclosures, Sheet-Metal, Aluminium, Shaping, Machine-shop, CNC, OEM, Manufacture, Manufacturability, Supplier liaison, Production units, 3D, 2D, Engineering drawings, Autodesk Inventor, Physics, Opto, Medical, Lighting, Solar Cell, Analytical Scientific Instrumentation, Enquiring Mind, Attention to Detail, Right First Time, CAD, SolidWorks, Pro-Engineer, CREO.
More vacancies at www (dot) remjobs (dot) co (dot) uk
More Jobs from Rem Ltd
- Android Software Engineer- London; Java, C++
- Software Engieer; C++, Python
- Physics/Software Engineering, C++, North East
- Softwar Manager/Software Team Leader/Development; C++
- Embedded Software Engineer- Cambridge; C, C++, Linux
- DSP Engineer, Software, Signal Processing, Sensors, Cambridge
- Graduate & Experienced Software Engineers
- Senior Software Engineer C, C++, Embedded, RTOS
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- (Senior) Electronics Design Engineer
- FPGA/VHDL Design Engineer
- Laser Physicist - Ultrafast
- Electronics Design Graduates
- Laser Physicist - Ultrafast
- Optical Instrumentation Sales Manager
- Senior Software Engineer C, C++, Embedded
- Technical Graduate - Problem Solvers!
- Technical Support Engineer/Graduate
- R&D Software Engineer; Algorithms, DSP, C++, Oxford