Customer Services Assistant
Customer Services Assistant x 2
Salary range: £18,072 to £21,142 per annum plus excellent benefits
Hours: 36.5 per week
Contract type: Permanent
The West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) is a strategic authority working with partners to deliver a stronger West Midlands, with a focus on skills, innovation, transport, economic development and regeneration.
Individual Councils and Local Enterprise Partnerships will still deliver services and retain their identity but on the big decisions we will have the resources to work together.
This is an exciting time for the West Midlands - the Commonwealth Games will be here in 2022, the arrival of HS2 will help make us a world class business location and a new £350m housing deal aims to deliver 215,000 new homes by 2031.
Are you friendly, helpful and you enjoy making sure that every customer is thoroughly delighted with the service they receive? Then bring your talents to the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) - and join the enthusiastic Travel Centre team.
The successful candidates must be able to deliver a high quality, responsive and effective service by answering enquiries on bus, train and Metro times and fares in the West Midlands.
In addition, they will sell tickets via electronic ticketing terminals, provide across the counter services to the public relating to local public transport services and facilities, and undertake all associated cash accountancy responsibilities.
Applicants must have experience of providing excellent customer service, ideally within a sales environment, have experience of cash handling and ideally of using EPOS and/or Tribute ticket issuing systems.
The ability to read maps and timetables and a good working knowledge of the West Midlands region and tourist attractions would also be an advantage.
Looking to the future, there could well be the opportunity to work in different areas of the business.
We offer training and development as well as outstanding benefits including a free Network travel pass, final salary pension, discount shopping vouchers and generous holidays.
Working hours will be organised on a rota basis covering Monday to Sunday, with earliest start times of 08:00 hours and latest finish times 18:30 hours.
Rosters will also include Bank Holidays on some occasions and applicants must be prepared to work in both Wolverhampton and Birmingham.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we will reward you with a range of competitive and attractive benefits.
To apply for this role, please click below and we will email you a link to our online application form.
Closing Date: 25th June 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews held: W/C 2nd July 2018
We are committed to equality of opportunity in service provision and employment.
Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job.
We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed.
- Rate: £18072.00 - £21142.00 per annum
- Location: Birmingham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Customer_services
- Recruiter: 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Tel: 02392 387722
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2018-06-12 09:48:37 -
- View all Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
More Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Digital Skills - Project Manager
- Graduate Trainee Sales Executives
- IT Project and Program Manager
- Library Project Manager Service Development
- Gas Engineer
- Credit Controller
- Systems Development & Support Analyst Opportunities
- Projects & Change Management Opportunities
- Information Security & Data Compliance
- Commercial Solutions Architect
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Engineer
- Integrated Data Assistant
- Account Manager
- Technical SEO Executive / Organic Search Specialist
- Senior SEO Strategist / SEO Manager - Senior Organic Search
- Head of Content Marketing / Manager - Digital PR
- Senior Content Marketing-Digital PR, Outreach, Social Media
- PR Executive - Digital PR and Editorial Outreach
- Care Assistant