Project Development Manager
Are you an experienced Production or Engineering Project Manager looking to take on a new challenge within Waste Management or Logistics?
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Project Development Manager for our team in the South East, working 37.5 hours a week.
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor.
We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Project Development Manager Responsibilities include:
* Manage business development projects responding to improvement, optimisation and growths opportunities in Recycling and Integrated Assets (RIA).
* Manage and lead projects from the concept phase throughout the development phases to completing the TARFs (Transaction Approval Request Forms) and obtaining approval from project Steerco and Leadership Management Meeting
* Develop and prepare project brief, strategy and delivery plan whilst interfacing with head of performance improvement and optimisation, own team, project sponsor, operational heads, and internal stakeholders to correctly interpret scope/requirements.
* Oversee and develop all aspects of the project development in areas such as H&S, Security, Technical, Operation, Permitting & Planning, Property, Legal, Insurance, Financial/Commercial and Environmental & Sustainability.
* Review and validate project costs (Opex, Capex) with the relevant stakeholders.
* Liaise with Viridor Finance team to complete the financial modelling for the project business case
* Provide regular update to Head of Performance Improvement and Optimisation.
* Prepare and present project progress update to project Steerco in a monthly basis.
The ideal Project Development Manager:
* Proven track record of business development and project management in relevant area to recycling resources management
* Extensive experience in project Development and management within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
* Strong commercial and financial understanding
* Structured and process driven analytical approach to problem solving
* Degree (2:1 or higher) in one of the following fields: Engineering, Business Management, Project Management
* Full driving licence
In return for your hard work as our Project Development Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
* Company Car, Laptop, Mobile phone
* A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
* Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
* A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
* Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
* Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role ofProject Development Manager.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Parts Delivery Driver
- Sales Executive - Automotive
- Fixed Assets Accountant
- Maintenance Technician - Textiles
- Admin Assistant / PA
- SMART Repair Technician
- Multi Skilled Electrician
- Car Sales Executive
- Quarry Manager
- Collections Apprentice
- Restaurant Manager
- Senior Marketing Executive : Part Time
- Graduate Project Engineer - RIA
- Optimisation Engineer - Landfill Gas
- Project Administrator
- Area Sales Manager
- Assistant Fleet Administrator
- Marketing Manager
- Area Fleet Sales Manager