Care Service Manager
Are you currently working within the care industry with leadership experience, including planning and budgeting? Are you a person who likes to make a difference to their local communities? Are you a strong leader with amazing people skills?
Respite North West are recruiting for a Care Service Manager to lead our team of support workers and team leaders within our Learning Disability and Mental Health services in the Accrington and Stockport area.
The role is a mobile one where you will be based from our office in Accrington but will have face to face contact on a daily basis with individuals living in the supported living schemes and your team of Support Workers and Team Leaders.
The role may also involve direct support with individual service users where necessary.
* Full Driving Licence is essential due to the mobile nature of this role
The Care Service Manager Role
The Care Service Manager's role is essential to the well-being and safety of the people we support and to the development of the team of people employed to support them.
You will lead by example and demonstrate safe, effective working practices along with taking an active part in mentoring and developing individuals and staff teams in line with all relevant and current industry legislation and best practice.
* Devise, implement and review support plans with individuals focusing on safe and achievable outcomes and goals ensuring the service users wishes are reflected in these
* Assess and develop outcome focused risk management plans
* Perform audits of support plans, health action plans, risk assessments and management plans, financial management systems where a team leader/care manager is responsible for the upkeep of these documents
* Be a point of contact for all service users, their families and staff within your network
* Be involved and contribute to management meetings, daily office functions and represent the company, when needed, in the public/professional domain
* Planning and organising meetings and communicating on day-to-day issues with your manager
* Ensuring information held by the company about individual service users is kept securely and updated regularly in line with the Data Protection Act 1998
* Support staff to work within boundaries of their role and capabilities
* Be involved in fact finding and information gathering where complaints or concerns have been raised
* Plan and deliver staff appraisals and supervisions with other HR related tasks and where necessary, be part of the disciplinary process
* Carry out relevant risk assessments in regard to health and safety in the work place, specifically lone working practices
* Be actively involved in mentoring or training staff either in a structured session or whilst working alongside them
* Ensure and monitor that support staff follow policies, procedures and guidance from the Employee handbook
* Fully comply with the requirements set out by the Health and Social Care Act 2014, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, GSCC, Health and Social Care Regulations 2010, Safeguarding Policies and CQC standards
* Understand and adhere to the policies as set out in the Mental Health Act 2013
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your dedication as our Care Service Manager, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,800.
Also on offer:
* We understand the importance of a work/life balance
* We offer career development programmes for people looking for careers
* We provide daily lifestyle benefits
* We offer personal pension contributions
* You will be working for an award-winning provider of care and much much more!
About Respite North West:
Respite North West aims to be the best care provider in Lancashire and Greater Manchester.
We aim to not only offer our service users the highest level of care, we aim to offer an industry leading rehabilitation service that supports independent living.
If you have the compassion and experience to excel as a Care Service Manager, we want to hear from you! Click apply to register your interest.
Successful applicants will also need to complete and have a satisfactory DBS report before commencing the role.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Recycling Operative
- Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Foreman
- Service Advisor - Automotive
- Car Sales Executive
- Sales Administrator - Automotive
- Sales Executive - New & Used Cars
- Technical Solutions Architect
- Project & Asset Accountant
- Legal Secretary
- Parts Delivery Driver
- Sales Executive - Automotive
- Fixed Assets Accountant
- Maintenance Technician - Textiles
- Admin Assistant / PA
- SMART Repair Technician
- Multi Skilled Electrician
- Car Sales Executive
- Quarry Manager
- Collections Apprentice