Are you an experienced Landfill, Warehouse or Recycling Operative looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor.
We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Recycling Operative for our Priorswood team in Taunton, working 40 hours a week.
Joining our team as a Recycling Operative, you will safely work within the MRF in various roles for which training has been provided.
The primary purpose of the role is carry out manual separation of materials on picking lines and dress bales ensuring the highest quality is achieved.
* Manually sorting materials on the picking line conveyors and dress bales as instructed
* If trained to do so, operate the baling machine as instructed
* If trained to do so, perform the role of Control Room Operator as instructed
* Operating fixed and mobile plant when suitable training has been provided
* Litter picking duties around the site and building in accordance with the Supervisors instruction.
The ideal Recycling Operative will have:
* An awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace.
* Ideally, general knowledge of waste recycling.
* Basic knowledge of construction works and site maintenance e.g.
minor repairs to sites.
* Understanding of the methods and reasons for segregating waste for recycling
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Recycling Operative, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
* A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
* Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
* A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
* Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
* Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Financial Auditor
- Business Development Team Leader
- Retail Store Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
- Parts Advisor
- Mortgage Advisor
- Head of Software Engineering
- Head of Data and Analytics
- Production Engineer
- Customer Service Assistant / Team Member
- Field Sales Executive
- Graduate Trainee Programme
- Retail Supervisor / Team Leader
- Sales Manager
- New Business Development Executive
- Accounts Payable Clerk : Dutch Speaking
- Technical Business Analyst
- General Sales Manager
- Regional Public Sector Sales Manager - Fleet