Lead Site Architect
Cavendish Professionals has been in a long-standing partnership with one of Kuwait's leading engineering consultancies, who are responsible for the design through to supervision of large building and infrastructure projects in Kuwait.
We are currently looking for a Lead Architect to advise and assist the Resident Engineer (R.E.) in supervising on site construction activities to ensure quality assurance and quality control from start to completion of the construction project.
- Assist the Project RE & ARE and top management in formulating plans to guide the architectural tasks in the respective project
- Conduct supervision responsibilities in adherence to guidelines as indicated in the PACE Supervision Manual; ensure that supervision guidelines are being adhered to by site architects at all times
- Review and assess contractors' and sub contractors' pre-qualifications, inspect their showrooms, workshop/factory as and when required
- Make recommendations to the Resident Engineer regarding the selection and approval of sub-contractors in coordination with and through consultations with owner/client representatives
- Review and understand all project contract documents (drawings, shop drawings, composite coordinate service shop drawings, specifications, contract documents etc.); coordinate with other site architects and engineers before construction activities commence
- Notify the Resident Engineer of any discrepancies identified against contract documents in order for corrective action to be taken
- Assist in resolving any issues raised by contractors (e.g.
requirements for time extensions, change order requests, variations etc); make recommendations to the Resident Engineer as appropriate
- Review related items within the contractor's construction schedule (CCS) in coordination with the Planning Engineer (e.g.
shop drawing submittal log, procurement schedule, and material submittal log etc.) prior to its approval by the Resident Engineer
- Review related construction materials, technical data and material and finishes samples submitted by contractors; ensure compliance against ministerial requirements and technical specifications.
- Attend various off site inspections including out of country inspection for review of specific material/samples, mock-ups, testing, etc.
as per the contract document
- Inspect related procured construction materials delivered to the site, to ensure compliance against ministerial requirements and specifications/contract documents/approvals
- Ensure that all materials delivered on site are being adequately stored and protected as per manufacturer's recommendations in order to avoid damage of materials
- Ensure that related works noncompliance to the CCS is communicated to the Resident Engineer on a timely basis in order to avoid any delays in construction
- Ensure the maintaining of onsite quality control (e.g.
through thorough testing of materials and verifying of materials, adequate storage of materials, contractor's submittal of written undertakings, warranty and protection of installed systems etc.)
- Review “mock ups” and “progress work” against contract documents; make commentaries and recommendations to the Resident Engineer as required
- Contribute to managing the health and safety of all on-site personnel; report any observed safety violations to the Resident Engineer and/or Safety Inspector (if available)
All suitable applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors and Masters Degree in Architecture
- Certification/Membership of Kuwait Society of Engineers
- Membership of American Institute of Architects
- Membership of Royal Institutes of British Architects
- 10-16 years and as an Architect, 5-7 of which should be as a Senior Site Architect, and 2-4 years as Lead Architect.
- Medical, life insurance, annual return flights, end of service bonus, married, single or family visa, 30 days annual leave, relocation allowance
A full job description and information about the benefits package will be available upon request.
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV and ideally with a cover letter.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Customer Service/Administrator
- Structural Design Engineer - Sheffield
- Principal/Senior Ecologist
- Associate, Flood Risk
- Landscape Architect Associate Director
- Structural Revit Technician
- Graduate Transport Planner Glasgow
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Senior Archaeologist
- Project Manager
- Senior Architect
- Carpenter - Shuttering
- Risk Manager
- Palliative Care Nurse-Homecare
- Consultant - Paediatric
- Consultant Dermatologist
- Senior Structural Engineer
- Paediatric Manager
- Duct Fitter