TEST Navigation Instructor
JS146 – TEST Navigation Instructor
The role will be providing specific specialist training on the SWS Navigation systems to a mixture of civilian employees/contractors and Royal Navy Staff.
This could for first time training or top up training.
Ideally needs to be someone with specific SWS Navigation experience however can consider people from other backgrounds with instructional experience; guided weapons engineers, Marine/Oil and Gas engineers with experience of Inertial Nav, GPS, Sonar type navigation systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver Navigation Subsystem Trident Engineering Support Trainer (TEST) training courses at basic and advanced level as directed.
- Support RN delivered SWS training as directed in accordance with the service level agreement.
- Assist the TEST team in the delivery of other TEST courses within the bounds of personal competence.
- Produce course reports for Navigation course delivery, write technical reports as required.
- Update training material following course delivery, feedback, and changes to source documentation.
- Assist the TEST training design staff as the Navigation Subsystem subject matter expert in developing, maintaining, updating training material when assigned, ensuring content is technically accurate and up to date.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders on Navigation issues as required.
- Attend required facility training as assigned and as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge and understanding of approved Trident documentation, mandatory health and safety legislation, acceptance standards and directives to ensure compliance with Trident Programme and Company requirements.
- Training Delivery 70% / Training Prep & Assisting Updating Course Material 15% / Liaising with Simulation Engineers 15%.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of technical instructional delivery.
- Experience of the SWS and its subsystems in an engineering capacity.
- Possess clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Be IT literate to an appropriate standard in PC based systems with awareness of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organisational and workload management skills.
- Strong communication, verbal and presentation skills.
- Results oriented with strong interpersonal skills to achieve success.
- Possess first rate customer facing skills.
- Have evidence of ability and willingness to adapt within a dynamic environment.
- Be motivated, reliable, show initiative and be able to work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of the PSA and how it impacts UK training documentation.
- Experience in delivering training for SWS equipment, ideally the Navigation.
- Capable of building and maintaining customer relationships and debating technical issues with both Customer and Accreditor.
- Knowledge of FOST Quality Processes.
More Jobs from First Military Recruitment
- Commissioning Engineer
- Project Manager
- Field Service Engineer (Fire & Security)
- Fire & Security Industry Project Manager
- HGV/PCV Fitter - Mechanic
- Engineer (Marine Navigation)
- SWS Launcher Instructor
- Recruitment Consultant
- Structural Design Engineer
- Project Manager
- Project Technician
- Logistics Co-ordinator
- Purchasing Data Analyst
- General Maintenance/Caretaker
- Field Application Engineer
- Security Guard
- Automated Welder