- Latrobe Valley Location
- Full-time, contract role
- Attractive remuneration package
About the company
In response to the Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry, Latrobe City has been designated as a Health Innovation Zone.
The Latrobe Health Advocate is a key structure within the Zone that will provide independent advice to the Victorian Government on behalf of Latrobe Valley communities on system and policy issues affecting their health and wellbeing.
The Latrobe Health Advocate is a newly established role that reports directly to the Minister for Health.
The Advocate will be supported by a small team reporting directly to the Advocate, focusing on activities within the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone as designated by the government.
About the role
This role will provide high level leadership, guidance, authoritative advice, reasoned recommendations and innovative solutions to complex and sensitive issues.
It will monitor and report on high priority issues, risks and trends.
To be successful in this role you will offer demonstrated experience at a senior level in leadership and/or advocacy within the health, community or relevant sector, and a connection to and understanding of Latrobe Valley communities and context.
- Support the Advocate to produce key pieces of work required by the Minister for Health including detailed, comprehensive reports and submissions on complex policy and operational issues
- Provide professional leadership, guidance, authoritative advice, reasoned recommendations and innovative solutions to complex and sensitive issues based on comprehensive research
- Monitor and report on high priority issues, risks and trends and prepare and present reports, ministerial briefs, and submissions
- Represent the Latrobe Health Advocate on key stakeholder committees and groups
- Demonstrate how the actions and outcomes of this role and work unit impact clients and the department's ability to deliver, or facilitate the delivery of, effective support and services
- Other duties as required
Skills & Experience
- A tertiary qualification relevant to the health sector or equivalent is desirable
- Proven experience at a senior level in leadership and/or advocacy within the health, community or relevant sector
- An understanding of the Ottowa Charter for Health Promotion, Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry and Victorian Government Implementation Plan is desirable
- Policy skills: formulates and communicates public policy options and recommendations
- Problem solving: seeks all relevant information for problem solving; investigates and probes for the facts; identifies and proposes workable solutions to problems
- Strategic thinking and innovation: proven record of applying high-level cognitive skills and conceptual thinking to strategic issues
How to apply
Applications must be received via the GBS Recruitment website (Ref No:2007494) including a cover letter, responses to the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the Position Description and a current resume.
To download a copy of the Position Description, click here.
Applications close Monday, 23rd July at 9am.
More Jobs from GBS Recruitment
- Office Coordinator / Project Officer
- Warehouse and Wholesale Sales Manager
- Practice and Supervisor Support Officer
- Business Manager
- Concrete Form Worker
- Financial Accountant
- Automotive Technician
- Experienced Welder
- Casual Relief Teachers – West Gippsland
- Casual Relief Teachers – South Gippsland
- Casual Relief Teachers – Latrobe Valley
- Casual Relief Teachers – East Gippsland
- Service Advisor
- Advanced Case Manager
- Court Support Services Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Sales Consultant
- Log Truck Driver
- Advanced Child Protection Practitioner
- Senior Child Protection Practitioner