Eurofins Scientific is searching for a Research Scientist in Petaluma, CA.
The Research Scientist receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to the Director of R&D or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory.
The adherence to the quality management system by the Research Scientist is accountable to the Director of R&D, Quality Assureance Manger, Lab Supervisor.
Research Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Perform analysis and maintainous on instrumentations such as HPLC-DAD, LC/MS, HPLC-FLD, HPLC-ELSD, GC-FID, GC/MS, fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), wet chemistry techniques, and automatic titrators.
High-performance thin-layer chromatography (HPTLC) and capillary electrophoresis (CE) experience are also highly preferred.
· Conduct analytical method development, validation, and verification studies.
· Accept leadership role in troubleshooting and solving challenging analytical problems.
· Plan resource allocations so that project deadlines are met.
· Perform timely and accurate analysis of samples to meet customer commitments, including but not limited to, preparing samples for analysis, using appropriate analytical methods and techniques, and conducting appropriate data process, review, and report.
· Interact with prospective clients in order to define their problems and issue appropriate quotes and proposals; interact with existing clients to assure that they are kept informed and their needs are met.
· Attend conferences, external technical committees, tradeshows, sales visits, and public forums to interact with peer technical experts and provide oral and poster presentations; represent Eurofins Scientific as an authority in the Dietary Supplement Industry.
· Remain current on technical, industry, and business advancements and trends as suggested by supervisor.
· Create and review literatures for publishing in peer reviewed journals, transforming into compendial methods, presenting in scientific meetings, and marketing new methods and instrument capabilities to clients.
· Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keep accurate records of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes; record test data and results for samples in notebook or worksheet, and enter the data or results into eLIMS in a timely and accurate manner.
· Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g.
Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
· Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory (cGMP, GLP), and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
· Adhere to all health, safety and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work, maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
· Follow all company guidelines and procedures relevant to assigned duties.
· Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
· Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees.
Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers.
This includes “intra” and “inter” departmental employees.
· Ensure that proprietary methodologies are not disclosed to non-employees except as approved by the Quality Manager, Business Unit Manager, or appointed designate.
· Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Action oriented
· Dealing with ambiguity
· Conflict management
· Drive for results
· Integrity and trust
· Technical learning
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or related fields, or Master's degree plus 4+ years of work experience.
· Strong background in analytical chemistry principles and extensive hands-on experience are necessary.
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Petaluma, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Eurofins Scientific Inc.
- Laboratory Technologist - 3rd Shift
- Lab Technician (Part-Time)
- Sample Receiving-Shipping Technician
- Process Analytics Scientist
- Quality Specialist
- HRIS Specialist
- Payroll Assistant
- Associate Scientist Data Review
- Analytical Technician- Part Time
- Laboratory Technician I
- Logistics Associate/Packer
- Senior Scientist Biochemistry
- Clinical Genetics Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- Coupa System Administrator
- Associate Chemist
- Associate Chemist
- Proposal Assistant
- Laboratory Tech 1
- Laboratory Technologist - 3rd Shift
- Preclinical Development Scientist - Preformulation Automation