Underwater Systems Business Development Lead
MM174 -Underwater Business Development Lead
Location - Glasgow
Salary - £Competitive
Our client comprises specialists from across the entire range of disciplines needed to address a full-spectrum of engineering asset management issues.
Services span the full life cycle of ownership and blend enterprise-level consultancy, solving real-world business critical problems, with unmatched engineering analytical pedigree.
In this way we help our clients ensure at every stage, that goals for cost, performance, safety, supportability and legal compliance will be met.
As part of our plans for growth,our client is seeking to recruit an Underwater Systems Business Development Lead for its Asset Performance Services business.
This role will support the successful strategy to further establish the Company’s presence in this business sector and increase market share.
The post will be based in the Glasgow offices.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for a dynamic individual, conversant with the Submarine and Underwater Systems market area which includes the UK Defence Market and its suppliers.
The ideal candidate is capable of handling and understanding complex customer requirements in this market, has a technical background, established relationships with stakeholders in the market and is credible with our Royal Navy and Defence Industry partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Company Marketing & Sales Director, the requirements for applicants are as follows
- Against agreed targets, increase market share through the development of a balanced Underwater Systems pipeline of opportunities and leads
- Continue to grow the business as an approved supplier for relevant Prime Contractors in the UK and overseas
- Leading and working with bid management teams to develop and deliver business winning proposals and quotations to clients
- Working with our Marketing Manager to deliver a portfolio of relevant industry, academic and other client events that will strengthen our brand and promote the Underwater Systems business line
- Working with the Marketing & Sales Director to deliver the marketing and sales component for all short and long term business planning
- As a member of the Underwater Systems management team provide strong leadership across the Underwater Systems business in the interests of the team
- As the lead for Asset Performance Services business development, represent the interests of the company in wider company Defence interests, in developing joint opportunities, managing joint bids and sharing marketing intelligence with other Group companies
- A willingness to travel is essential for this role
Salary and Benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary (based on skills and experience
- contributory pension scheme
- life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Company Profit Share and Group Wide Profit Share
- plus other benefits
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Competitive Salary and benefits
- Location: Glasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Military
- Recruiter: First Military Recruitment
- Contact: Maggie Martin
- Tel: 01383431610
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: MM174
- Posted: 2018-07-11 08:50:01 -
- View all Jobs from First Military Recruitment
More Jobs from First Military Recruitment
- Commissioning Engineer
- Project Manager
- Field Service Engineer (Fire & Security)
- Fire & Security Industry Project Manager
- HGV/PCV Fitter - Mechanic
- Engineer (Marine Navigation)
- SWS Launcher Instructor
- Recruitment Consultant
- Structural Design Engineer
- Project Manager
- Project Technician
- Logistics Co-ordinator
- Purchasing Data Analyst
- General Maintenance/Caretaker
- Field Application Engineer
- Security Guard
- Automated Welder