Homeless Prevention - Dudley
A local authority in Dudley are recruiting for an experienced Housing Support Officer to work with their homelessness prevention team to provide a comprehensive housing support service to applicants who approach as homeless, providing same day advice and support to prevent homelessness.
Your key responsibilities within this prevention role will be:
- To work within the homelessness prevention team to provide a comprehensive housing support service to applicants who approach as homeless, providing same day advice and support to prevent homelessness.
- To provide street outreach support to people who are homeless, rough sleeping or at risk of rough sleeping.
- To work with partners to prevent homelessness.
- To take responsibility for a caseload of clients who have approached as homeless who require support to help them to take steps to secure accommodation of their own.
- To assist with their life skills, money management, social skills and health/well-being in order to promote their independence and successfully prevent their homelessness and to sustain their existing home or to help them to secure accommodation and establish themselves within a new home.
- To keep client records ensuring these are kept safe and confidential up to date and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
- To take responsibility for arranging case conferences as required and to ensure partner agencies are adequately represented.
- To work to identified service standards and performance measures and to provide regular reports to the manager on actual performance/outcomes against such measures.
To be successfully apply for this role, it is essential that you have the following experience:
- Proven experience of providing housing related support to single people.
- Knowledge of housing and homelessness law and good practice.
- Ability to use IT systems and software and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work as a self-starter, managing time and targets without close supervision.
- To be able to handle conflict (remaining calm and attaining resolutions)
- To be able to provide a flexible and committed approach to working hours and patterns when required to do so
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of issues affecting vulnerable people including people with learning or other difficulties.
This is a full time role, on an initial 3 month contract.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to email@example.com.
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Lead Scheme Officer, Lewisham
- Registered General Nurse
- Learning Development Advisor
- Building Surveyor
- Housing Project Manager, Brentwood Essex
- Social Worker - Permanent Positions - Sunderland
- Community Nurse
- Registered General Nurse (Band 5)
- Health care Assistant
- Team Manager (Youth Offending Services)
- Childrens Project Worker
- Carelink Call Handler - Derby
- Assistant Housing Officer
- Social Worker
- Administrative Officer
- Independent Reviewing Officer
- Benefits Advisor
- Universal Credit Officer
- Community Nurse
- Adult Social Worker