The team is currently involved in a number of programmes covering the development of avionics and ground based systems and software for the Hawk and Typhoon platforms as well as a number of R&T programmes.
A number of additional software engineers are needed to work as part of the Software Engineering Team based in Brough in support of the existing teams.
The ideal candidates will be a current software developer having a rounded background in Software Engineering, with a proven ability to deliver against tight timescales.
Candidates are required to be able to demonstrate high levels of capability and experience in the following key areas:
Experience in at least one High Level Programming language, e.g.
C, C++, Java, Ada etc
Familiarity with requirements capture and traceability tools/techniques
Familiarity with at least one software design methodology e.g.
UML, Rational Unified Process
Good problem solving skills
Good communication and time management skills
Awareness of software safety standards and guidelines, as a significant proportion of the software written for our airborne platforms is safety related
Familiarity with software tools/environments e.g.
Artisan Real Time Studio / PTC modeller, Visual Studio, GPS, Multi or similar
Familiarity network programme and communication protocols
Familiarity with video rendering technologies
Familiarity of real-time high integrity software development
Systems and software experience in avionics or related control systems
Software integration and testing skills
Typhoon and/or Hawk domain knowledge
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from aap3 All About People
- IT Support Analyst
- Principal Engineer - Information Assurance - BAE062199
- Procurement eSourcing Specialist
- IT Support Analyst (1st/2nd Line)
- Principal Engineer-Naval Architect
- C# / .Net Developer - Backend / Database - Winchester
- Agile Software Project Manager - Winchester - Banking / FS
- Mechanical Engineering Lead
- Service Desk / 1st Line - Rickmansworth - Immed. Start - £145
- Lead Developer
- Project Controller (Manufacturing Shared Services)
- Principal Engineer - Nuclear
- Test Systems Hardware Engineer
- C++ Developer
- Software Engineer
- Supply Chain Commercial Manager - BAE062357
- ASC Project Manager
- Home / Field Based 3rd Line Support Engineer - Central London
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Software Project Manager - Fin Svcs - Portsmouth - £55k - £75k