HEAD OF PROCESS OVERSIGHT
We have a new permanent opportunity available for a highly experienced individual to join a global asset management house and lead a team of asset class specialists whilst ensuring the delivery of high quality analysis on portfolio construction inputs, risks and outcomes by asset class family, with specific focus on due diligence.
The successful applicant will be managing a team of 4 across a range of asset classes such as private equity, real estate and alternatives that will be split across a number of locations in Europe (including Edinburgh).
You will also ensure that mandates are in line with client expectations and meeting the investment criteria, feed into the investment review and performance committees internally and engage with the front office investment teams to help and enhance the investment decision making and transaction process.
We are actively looking for applicants with strong leadership within investments and considerable experience in private markets (private equity, real estate, property fund of funds or infrastructure).
There are 4 key elements to the position:
- Managing the team of 4 across the different asset classes that will be split across a number of locations including Edinburgh, London, Luxembourg
- Governance: Ensuring all mandates are in line with client expectations and meeting the investment criteria (Real Estate / Private Equity / Alternatives)
- Investment commentary production for the asset classes above: Feeding into the investment review and performance committees internally
- Engagement with front office investment teams - with the above in mind, helping to support and enhance investment decision making and transaction process
- Good undergraduate degree, preferably in a numerical discipline
- Considerable experience in private markets, with a minimum of five years of demonstrable leadership within investments
- In-depth private markets knowledge covering at least one of: Private Equity, Real Estate, Property Fund of Funds and Infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of risk, performance and attribution metrics
- Experience in engaging with industry peers and leaders in current topics and technical developments
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience of management with an ability to lead a team of technical specialists, and sufficient experience in the markets to engage and understand front office requirements.
- Demonstrate abilities in building, managing and maintaining a high-performance team
- Ability to work within a complex environment and gain the support and confidence of a wide variety of stakeholders from across the business
- A confident communicator (written and verbal) and possess strong influencing skills.
- Planning and organisation
- Willingness to take responsibility
- Customer Focus
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Job reference: 11011
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- PRIVATE EQUITY CONTROLLER
- DISCLOSURES ACCOUNTANT
- HEAD OF COMPLIANCE
- WEALTH MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATOR
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
- GENERAL LEDGER CONTROLLER
- SENIOR LEGAL MANAGER
- DERIVATIVES ADMINISTRATOR
- DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST
- RFP Analyst
- RISK OVERSIGHT LEAD
- FINANCE ASSISTANT
- COMPLIANCE ANALYST FINANCIAL PROMOTIONS
- LEGAL COUNSEL – LITIGATION - 12 MONTH FTC
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE COLLECTIONS ANALYST
- SENIOR AUDITOR
- VALUATIONS ANALYST
- INVESTMENT ACCOUNTANT
- CORPORATE ACTIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER