Benefits System Officer (Civica)
Benefits System Officer, Warwick
A Leamington Spa based local authority are recruiting for a Systems Officer, who is available to start immediately, to undertake Benefit Civica System management, test and support the implementation of new Benefit releases, generate daily computer runs and deal with technical system issues and implement system changes for new projects and initiatives to improve levels of customer service and service performance.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include the following:
- Initiate daily/weekly benefit payment runs as appropriate to ensure that customers receive their entitlement to Council Tax Benefit, Rent Rebate and Rent Allowance.
Maintain benefits control records and reconcile with relevant interfacing systems to ensure that benefit posted is received.
Investigate any discrepancies and correct as required.
- Maintain the administration of the Benefit system to ensure that all system produced management/reconciliation reports are produced, monitored and acted upon where appropriate.
- Explore the functionality of the Benefit System to ensure that it is being used to the best advantage of the Benefits Service.
- Test all new Core, Benefit, Integrated Revenues, Anti-Fraud, and OpenAccess software releases and patch fixes to ensure their correctness, robustness and recommend/support any changes necessary to working practices and procedures.
Liaising with IT to ensure minimum amount of downtime.
Provide instruction and documentation to all authorized IBS users on changes to the system to include new functions, software corrections and legislative changes.
- Administer user system service requests by investigating errors and system problems and liaising with computer software company where necessary.
To be successful within this role, you must have the following experience:
- 3 years Benefits experience at assessor level or above
- Experience of controlling and managing systems
- Experience of Civica Systems
- Excellent IT Skills
This is an initial 1 month contract covering a period of Long Term Sick - the contract could potentially be extended or made permanent.
The role is full time, working 37 hours per week.
* IDEALLY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO START IN THE POSITION ON MONDAY 16TH JULY
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to email@example.com.
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
- Start: 16/7/18
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Rate: £18 - £20 per hour
- Location: Leamington Spa, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2018-07-12 11:44:15 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Building Surveyor
- Housing Project Manager, Brentwood Essex
- Social Worker - Permanent Positions - Sunderland
- Community Nurse
- Registered General Nurse (Band 5)
- Health care Assistant
- Team Manager (Youth Offending Services)
- Childrens Project Worker
- Carelink Call Handler - Derby
- Assistant Housing Officer
- Social Worker
- Administrative Officer
- Independent Reviewing Officer
- Benefits Advisor
- Universal Credit Officer
- Community Nurse
- Adult Social Worker
- Contracts Solicitor
- Day Services Support Worker