Buyer - Interiors
Position: Buyer/Procurement for Interiors
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Elk Recruitment is recruiting for a Buyer to join our clients Interiors Division.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
Negotiate and manage long-term pricing agreements on critical commodities.
- Complete purchase requests with domestic and international suppliers by inputting purchase orders, expediting deliveries, and verifying all transactions.
- Handle correspondence concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices and report such changes to the interested parties in a timely manner as required.
- Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
- Process non-conforming material requests and RMA requests with supply chain partners.
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that supplier is aware of their performance.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other job-related tasks as needed; enabling other workers to achieve their job objectives.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Work Experience: 5+ years of related procurement experience including purchasing, contract negotiation, supply management, supplier relationships, basics of Cost Accounting, and tracking budget expenses
- Knowledge of Glass/Metal commodity buying preferred.
- Knowledge of MRP processes.
- Contract manufacturing experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of import freight movement
If the position above is of interest to you, or you would like to keep up to date with jobs within our specialized industries, send your CV Today!
Elk Recruitment is an award-winning niche recruitment firm with offices currently in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
Our core competency is the placement of permanent and contract mid to senior level professionals within the Fenestration, Facade, Curtain Walling, Construction, Glazing & Medical Device industry throughout Ireland, United Kingdom, MENA region and the United States.
Our in-depth knowledge, particularly of the façade industry, comes from having worked in senior positions for aluminium, glass & steel companies for over 16 years domestically and internationally.
During this time gaining invaluable experience and insight into elements of the business such as Estimation, Design, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Project Management.
This practical in industry senior experience coupled with a very strong academic background is what differentiates Elk Recruitment from its competitors in our chosen field.
More Jobs from Elk Recruitment
- Health and Safety Manager - Construction Top Tier
- Structural Engineer - Super Opportunity
- Estimator - Electrical Services - Super Opportunity
- BIM Engineer - Excellent Career Potential Top Tier
- BIM / CAD Roles in Roscommon Sligo Monaghan €30k-€65k
- Quality Engineer - Medical Device - Career Progression
- Extrusion Technician Roscommon/Leitrim Medical
- Mechanical Engineer
- Technical Project Manager
- Junior Building Services Engineer
- Planner Scheduler Primavera P6
- Materials Manager Medical / Healthcare 50-65k
- NPI Technican Roscommon 35k
- Building Professional - Excellent Opportunity Nationwide
- External Sales / Brand Specialist - Super Opportunity
- Security Installations Engineer
- CCTV Installations Engineer - Commercial
- Quality Systems Coordinator *** Fantastic opportunity***
- Senior Setting out Engineer - Super Opportunity
- Site Foreman - Unique opportunity