Tax Senior - Watford
Tax Senior - Watford
Circa £60k (negotiable depending on experience)
We are currently seeking at Mixed Tax Senior, CTA and ACCA/ACA qualified with proven tax experience within a commercial environment, to join a well-established firm of chartered accountants.
The firm hold great pride in the team they have working for their clients.
They blend experience and flexibility to think creatively and innovatively in ways that help their clients achieve success.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Mixed Tax Senior to join their busy team in Watford, Hertfordshire.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To provide a high quality service to clients in designated section and to contribute to the development of the practice
* Prepare corporate tax and partnership tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines.
* Meetings with clients relating to tax and account matters.
* Liaise with HM Revenue and Customs regarding specialist tax work.
* Prepare and assist with specialist tax work such as ATED, VAT options to tax, capital taxes, stamp duty, national insurance contributions and share schemes.
* Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information to complete accounts and tax returns.
* Identify tax planning opportunities to raise with clients.
* Assist and train junior members of the team with accounts and tax matters.
* Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules for business entities.
* Finalise paperwork for dispatch to clients and HM Revenue and Customs.
* Reviewing accounts and business tax returns prepared by junior members of the team.
* Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets.
* Prepare and monitor company secretarial matters including assisting with company formation and specialist share work.
* Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery.
* Attend courses that are appropriate to job role.
* Identify additional services to be raised with client.
Qualifications and Experience:
* You will be CTA or equivalent tax qualification and ACCA/ACA qualified.
* Proven tax experience within a commercial environment ideally with 8 years proven tax experience within a practice environment.
* You will ideally have worked predominantly with corporate tax clients but have some knowledge and experience with personal tax.
* Knowledge of all personal and business taxes.
* Knowledge of capital taxes, including capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
* Familiarity with taxation software and interaction with HMRC online services.
* Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office products.
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
* In depth Corporate/Business Tax and Personal Tax knowledge.
* Knowledge of Tax return production software and their uses and benefits.
* Excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
* Strong technical ability and accuracy with advice and recording.
We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £60000 - £60000 Per Annum
- Location: Watford, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Fleur
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: FBA/D/039577
- Posted: 2018-10-11 15:33:24 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Registered General Nurse - RGN - Day or Nightshift - Hindhead, Surrey
- Software Engineer - Newport, South East Wales
- CNC Miller / Turner Programmer / Setter
- CNC Miller/Turner, CNC Programmer/Setter - Chard, Somerset
- Sliding Head CNC Programmer/Setter - Chard, Somerset
- CAD Engineer / Technician - Dudley
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineer - Norfolk
- Fabricator / Welder - Southend on Sea, Essex
- Sales Coordinator - Southampton
- Roller Shutter/ Industrial Door Engineer - London and South East Region
- Commercial Negotiator - Blackheath
- Administrator (Wealth Management) - London EC3
- PR Account Manager Agency B2B (Fintech Technology Area) - Manchester
- PSV Fitter Mechanic / Technician - Chippenham, Wiltshire
- SALES MANAGER - UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS - UK
- Helpdesk 1st Line Support - Windows AD, Office, Win 7/10 - National Charity
- MET Technician - Accident Repair Centre - Liverpool, L20
- PR Account Executive (B2B and Consumer Accounts) - Manchester
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - LONDON / BERKSHIRE
- IT Support Specialist - Greenford