Hospital Service Technician, Fayetteville NC (FT)
SHIFT: day shift
The Hospital/Customer Service Technician is responsible for equipment management tasks for Universal Hospital Services.
These tasks will take place both in the district locations as well as hospital facilities, including: delivering equipment, accessories and disposables to patient rooms; delivering equipment to standby locations; picking up soiled equipment; cleaning, processing and testing equipment; providing InService to hospital staff on fleet equipment, conducting equipment tracking rounds throughout the patient rooms; and recording each activity by scanning equipment as it is completed, adhering to and executing on quality standards, maintaining a Visual Workplace Standardization, and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Physical Requirements
- 21 years of age or older, High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting or customer service required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Valid driver's license and potential for DOT certification.
Behavioral Skills (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Flexible, coachable.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
Practical Skills (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
- Takes customer equipment requests and fills orders within established time line.
- Safely and properly delivers equipment to patient rooms or standby locations in patient-ready condition with appropriate software, configuration, accessories and disposables.
Picks up, cleans and processes all soiled equipment, preparing it for “patient ready” use following all company and hospital protocols.
- Conducts equipment tracking rounds using handheld scanners to capture equipment activities.
- Runs reports as required by supervisor and monitors equipment levels.
- Inspects, cleans and tests medical equipment for functionality, following approved written procedures.
- Educates and engages customers at the time of delivery, detailing customers on the features and functionality of the equipment,
- Inspects, cleans and tests medical equipment for functionality, following approved written procedures.Records all non-functional equipment that has been reported by customer.
- Completes all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate documentation for billing and required regulatory compliance.
Completes safety inspections/preventative maintenance on equipment (when applicable).
- Documents all equipment incidents in occurrence with both company and customer policies.
- Shares information with all team members to improve ability to service customers and define opportunities for the district team.
- Assists with inventory management.
- Resolves customer complaints and ensures customer satisfaction; provides all customer feedback to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Performs other assigned duties.
- Proficient in systems and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel).
- Serves as part of training team for other members in Division/Region.
- Serves as a peer advisor to employees.
Orients, trains and assigns and checks other employees' work, as appropriate.
- Develops other personnel when applicable (cross and lateral training).
- Stays up to date on the medical equipment in our fleet.
- Demonstrates a high level of sales aptitude with customers, and identifies and brings opportunities to review as part of the territory planning process.
- Possesses strong customer interfacing skills based on relationships established with accounts
- Ensures high quality output by following quality procedures and educating other employees on proper protocol
- Possesses strong customer interfacing skills based on relationships established within accounts often serving as a lead
- Serves as subject matter expert for key projects in account; e.g., quality indicators, shift lead responsibility.
- Demonstrated competency verification on core equipment inspections.
- Considered a subject matter expert with policies and procedures.
- Used as a resource to effectively address and resolve all customer issues.
- Demonstrated competency verification on all equipment inspections and preventative maintenance.
- Places internal requisitions and assists with inventory management of replacement parts.
- Able to retrieve and use information to support technical services and the repair of fleet equipment to improve utilization.
- Able to complete manufacturer service calls (mechanical, not technical) and all necessary documentation.
- Able to in-service majority of fleet equipment to clinical staff.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Hospital Operations Coordinator, Lanham, MD
- Customer Operations Coordinator, Little Rock AR
- Account Executive (Medical Sales) - Knoxville, TN
- Hospital Service Technician, Minneapolis MN (FT)
- Hospital Operations Coordinator, Florence SC (FT)
- Biomedical Field Service Technician, Tiffin IA
- Hospital Service Technician, Indianapolis IN (FT)
- Field Service Technician, Medical Equipment Berkeley Heights NJ
- Imaging Field Service Engineer, (Vascular/Cath Lab)San Diego
- Biomedical Technician I, Memphis TN (FT)
- Supply Chain Coordinator (Temporary assignment) Chicago
- Hospital Operations Manager
- Hospital Service Technician, Lexington, KY (PT)
- Hospital Service Technician, Kansas City KS (FT)
- Hospital Service Technician, Philadelphia PA (PT varied shifts)
- Hospital Service Technician, Hopewell NJ (PT)
- Hospital Service Technician, CHLA (PT)
- Hospital Operations Supervisor, Houston TX
- Customer Service Coordinator, Wixom MI (FT)
- Biomedical Equipment Technician, Minneapolis MN