Hospital Operations Manager
- The Hospital Operations Manager is responsible for managing the daily operation of a hospital-based Asset360 program, which includes managing the customer relationship and supervising employees.
The Hospital Operations Manager is responsible for managing and maximizing equipment utilization, inventory and supplies and for participating in revenue growth activities to achieve the short and medium-term financial and operating objectives.
This specific role will be covering four locations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Hospital Operations Manager I:
- Proactively manages customer on-site service program (i.e.
Asset360) and provides leadership and direction to all on-site employees to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Partners with internal teams on customer meetings to promote revenue growth, cost containment and expansion of services with customers.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of medical.
Conducts training for the company and customer staff on medical equipment.
- Manages equipment inventory and par levels consistent with contract terms, pricing and policies.
- Manages missing and lost equipment, accessories and software upgrades.
- Understands and performs audits and periodic internal reviews to ensure proper business management practices are followed.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Participates in hospital committees (e.g., Infection Control, Quality Control, Product Evaluation, Safety and Security Committees).
Integrates appropriate hospital protocols and processes into daily activities.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
- Recruits, trains and develops employees.
Provides cross and lateral training, emphasizing continuous improvement and teamwork, and providing on-going feedback with focused action steps for areas of improvement.
- Promotes communication among team members to create visibility for internal staff and the customer.
- Makes sound and timely decisions.
- Develops staffing and on-call schedules based on demand.
- Holds self and staff accountable for completion of assignments.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves customer and staff concerns, discrepancies and/or disagreements
- Ensures accurate documentation for billing and regulatory compliance.
- Understands billing for account invoices and assists with account receivable collections.
- Performs other assigned duties.
These job descriptions in no way state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in one of these positions.
It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of supervision/management experience and customer excellence experience.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting preferred.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry; an understanding of hospital medical equipment is preferred.
- Business and financial management expertise to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effectively builds credibility and trust with customer administration, clinicians and staff.
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Understanding of Profit and Loss (P&L) statements and customer profitability reports.
- Experience working in a time-critical environment.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as nights and emergency off-hours as required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Responds positively to challenges and targets.
- Remains calm and self-controlled in the face of ambiguity and change.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Hospital Operations Coordinator, Lanham, MD
- Customer Operations Coordinator, Little Rock AR
- Account Executive (Medical Sales) - Knoxville, TN
- Hospital Service Technician, Minneapolis MN (FT)
- Hospital Operations Coordinator, Florence SC (FT)
- Biomedical Field Service Technician, Tiffin IA
- Hospital Service Technician, Indianapolis IN (FT)
- Field Service Technician, Medical Equipment Berkeley Heights NJ
- Imaging Field Service Engineer, (Vascular/Cath Lab)San Diego
- Biomedical Technician I, Memphis TN (FT)
- Supply Chain Coordinator (Temporary assignment) Chicago
- Hospital Operations Manager
- Hospital Service Technician, Lexington, KY (PT)
- Hospital Service Technician, Kansas City KS (FT)
- Hospital Service Technician, Philadelphia PA (PT varied shifts)
- Hospital Service Technician, Hopewell NJ (PT)
- Hospital Service Technician, CHLA (PT)
- Hospital Operations Supervisor, Houston TX
- Customer Service Coordinator, Wixom MI (FT)
- Biomedical Equipment Technician, Minneapolis MN