Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Newtown, Powys
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 (negotiable dependent on experience)
- My client is leading providers of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications.
Their innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of their customers' machines and processes.
- The key responsibilities of this role will be to drive the mechanical design aspects of new product development projects, working in a multidisciplinary project team.
- It entails working in major projects teams & smaller design challenges independently when required.
- The mechanical engineering aspect of drives design involves a wide-array of technologies which encompass: plastics, metal die-casting, extrusions, sheet metal, and stress analysis, and thermal management techniques/analysis, electrical interconnect reliability, safety & regulatory engineering, design for robustness & value engineering.
- These highly integrated designs demand innovative & skilled engineers, who can model intricate detail in 3D CAD & use cost efficient production processes/tooling methodologies.
- Mechanical Design Enginner
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Technical leadership of mechanical design projects.
- Creation of technical specifications from user requirements and relevant industrial standards.
- Concept design, modeling and development of new parts, assemblies and drawings; with emphasis on manufacturability, ease of assembly, reliability and cost whilst meeting performance requirements.
- Specify materials, components and systems to meet the product requirements.
- Daily interaction with multiple disciplines to design mechanical aspects of power & control electronic products/systems.
- Thermal and mechanical simulation (FloTherm, Ansys Mechanical) – training can be provided if required.
- Preparing concise and clear technical documentation, reports and drawings.
- Mechanical prototyping and evaluation.
- Work with internal and external parties during the product development and manufacturing rollout
- Manage and facilitate product testing e.g.
shock and vibration, ingress protection.
- Contribute to technical design reviews, constructively critique and challenge others’ designs.
- Mechanical Design Engineer
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
- Significant mechanical design experience in a similar or related field within Electrical or Electronic products & systems - connectors, die casting, injection molding, sheet metal, extrusions, heat sinks, PCBA packaging, etc.
- Thermal design experience within such systems is required
- Experience of working with and interpreting product and safety standards.
- Skilled user of 3D CAD and similar systems.
About the company:
- Relocation support is available
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION OR TO OBTAIN FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT PERM ON 01922 725445 OR SUBMIT YOUR CV TO ENQUIRIES@TUDOREMPLOYMENT.CO.UK AND WE WILL CALL YOU
More Jobs from Tudor Employmet
- General Operative - Essex
- Maintenance Technician
- Document Specialist
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Counterbalance FLT Drivers (NIGHTS)
- Parcel Sorters (Transport Provided)
- Parcel Sorters (Essington)
- Parcel Sorters
- Deckhands / Parcel Sorters
- Part Time Computing Lecturer
- Order Pickers / Warehouse Operatives
- Sales Engineer
- Engineering Project Design Engineer
- Robotics - Mechanical Design Engineer
- Production Operatives - Cannock
- FLT Counterbalance Operatives
- Part Time Drivers
- Cannock & Essington - Parcel Sorters - Transport Available