Senior Sous Chef
Senior Sous Chef
Outstanding? Focused on delivering great service and memorable experiences? So is our client.
Experienced Sous Chef seeking your next challenge? We’ll hedge a guess that you’re able to spin 100 plates at once, not literally – of course, but you’re someone who thrives under pressure.
As a Senior Sous Chef, we know you’re as close to a superhero as it gets – a clean plate returned at the end of a sitting is the Chef’s equivalent to getting the guy or girl, right?!
In a prime position just steps from the park is a brand-new destination restaurant located on Richmond Hill.
Inspired by the abundance of local flora and fauna as well as the surrounding parklands of Richmond Hill itself, it is an independent, destination restaurant and bar embracing a contemporary, welcoming and timeless identity.
The newly created restaurant provides an iconic setting for an eclectic combination of locally sourced ingredients, selected by their Chef to create a ‘Turf to Table’ inspired menu that changes with the seasons.
The robust menu includes classic British favourites, sharing plates, a nod to the local environment and embraces appetising vegan dishes, all prepared from scratch in their kitchen by their team of talented chefs.
What will I be responsible for?
As a Senior Sous Chef, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head Chef and Executive Head Chef with daily operations in your kitchen
- Supporting your brigade in recreating the meals developed by their Head Chef
- Ensuring your brigade successfully create a range of specials, working with them to offer your expertise, leading and training and developing your brigade
- Consistently finding innovative ways to drive financial performance without compromising on quality
- Monitoring portion and waste control in addition to labour productivity to maintain profit margins
- Supporting with leading and developing your brigade of Chefs, whilst being Robin to Batman (your Head Chef)
- Ensuring you and your team deliver high standards of food and meet health and safety regulations.
Is this Senior Sous Chef role right for me?
- You’ll already be an established Sous Chef seeking their next challenge
- Whilst it would be great if you had experience working in a restaurant environment, this isn’t essential, what is important is your outstanding cooking and leadership skills gained within a fast-paced environment
- You will have a solid understanding of produce and ingredients and the ability to influence profit margins
- The ability to create specials that are both creative and profitable
- You will be flexible, adaptable – hardworking and FUN!
What’s in it for me?
- Perks and Discounts App – including e vouchers, free and flash perks with Perkbox (because our client knows that life isn’t just about work)
- Free hotel leisure club membership
- Free Health Cash plan for you and your family
- Free parking
- A free meal when on-shift (as all that outstanding service will work up quite the appetite)
- A good holiday entitlement increasing by 1 day per complete year of service to a maximum of 33 days.
- Room to grow
- Various rewards and recognition incentives
- Full uniform
- Flexible working hours/days/weekends.
Salary: up to £34,000 per annum + service charge
If sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Perm
- Rate: Â£34k per year + service charge
- Location: Richmond, Greater London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Catering
- Recruiter: Acapella Recruitment
- Contact: Client Recruitment Team
- Tel: 01245 408 436
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: L190322C
- Posted: 2019-03-22 12:33:47 -
- View all Jobs from Acapella Recruitment
More Jobs from Acapella Recruitment
- Bookkeeper - Part Time
- Production Officer
- Sales Ledger Assistant
- Lettings Property Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Quality Assurance Operations Manager
- Quality Operations Manager - (QA / QC) - Pharmaceutical
- Retail Sales Advisor - 5hrs per week - Carlisle
- Retail Sales Advisor - Menswear - 10hrs per wk - Grantham
- Removals Porter / Driver
- Retail Manager - Menswear - Belfast
- Retail Sales Advisor - Temp - 15hrs - Skipton
- Despatch Warehouse Person
- Dispensary Pharmacist -Full or Part Time
- Patient Services Administrator
- Technical Aftersales Engineer - Plumber
- Product Manager
- Retail Manager - Menswear - Edinburgh
- Retail Manager - Menswear - Middlesbrough
- Retail Sales Advisor - Menswear - 16 hrs / 6 hrs - Exeter