Lead Systems Engineer
Lead Systems Engineer - Nailsworth, Gloucestershire - Permanent - £Competitive
Our client is a fast-growing consultancy that can offer a varied, rewarding career for motivated individuals who relish a challenge.
We are looking for team players with strong technical skills and an ability to communicate clearly.
We know that our people are our business, and so we are dedicated to empowering, inspiring and leading them to ensure that they always give their best.
This role will be based at the head office in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire, and may involve occasional travel in the UK and abroad.
The company requires an experienced self-starter in this role who can operate as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver projects to demonstrable quality and time objectives.
Your role will be to conduct systems engineering projects, primarily in the maritime domain, as well as to provide systems engineering support to our varied portfolio of naval architecture projects for UK and foreign navies as well as commercial customers.
Systems engineering tasks may include:
- Development and management of system requirements (including use of tools such as DOORS).
- Use of systems engineering methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools (such as MODAF, TOGAF, UML etc.).
- Systems integration.
- Road mapping.
- Identification and management of interfacing programmes, systems and
- Systems verification and validation.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Have a good degree in a technical subject with at least 8 years' post-graduate systems engineering experience.
- Have experience of working in the maritime and/or defence domains.
- Be comfortable working on multiple systems engineering lifecycle phases across a number of active projects and bids.
- Manage working on a number of projects simultaneously, prioritising work effectively whilst being cognisant of the wider programme plan and dependencies.
- Be comfortable working in multi-disciplinary teams comprising naval architects, structural engineers, systems engineers and project managers.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable representing the company in customer-facing roles.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Have a current UK security clearance or be capable of getting one.
- Be passionate about providing high-quality systems engineering support to our customers.
If the Lead Systems Engineer opportunity sounds of Interest and you would like to apply or find out more, please get in contact with Greg Husselby on +44 (0) 2393 878 269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Software Test Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Programme Engineering Manager - IT Services
- Engineering Manager - Platform Integration
- Technical Manager - Platform Integration
- Senior System Designer - New Business
- Technical Manager - Systems Architecture
- Technical Manager - Communications
- QA Specialist
- Part Time Consultant Psychiatrist
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Screening Doctor - Clinical Trials
- Executive Assistant
- Manufacturing Support Engineer
- Electrical Test Engineer
- Product Suppot Specialist
- Environmental Trainer (Maritime)
- Electrical Trainer (Maritime)
- Technical Superintendent - (Tanker/LNG) - Germany
- General Manager - (Fleet Management) - Germany