Commissioning Project Leader
Commissioning Project Leader - Barrow - Permanent - Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are thrilled to be representing a leading Defence and Maritime client for an exciting and critical role within the Submarines build environment.
As a Commissioning Project Leader, you will be responsible for maturing the Weapons Systems from equipment installation up to a commissioned system ready to handover to the Royal Navy across every boat that you'll be working on.
Lots of training available to develop further.
You will work across multiple platforms and programmes
This role has the opportunity for development to Engineering/Commissioning manager and potential further development within the company.
Your main responsibilities as a Commissioning Project Leader will involve:
- Responsible for leading a team of Mechanical Engineers in the Weapons Test Section
- Responsible for overseeing Mechanical Rip outs for the Weapons Test Section
- Reviewing and authoring test documentation in relation to the Weapons Test Section
- To review and plan the training and develop mechanical engineers within the Weapons Test Section
- To deputise for the Weapons Managers in their absence and act as temporary lead, covering all weapons section meeting
- Act as a signing member of the weapons test group
- To liaise with other test departments and sections to ensure safe control of work
Your skills and qualifications:
- Good commissioning knowledge of Submarine Weapons Handling Systems from either commissioning or experience
- Good understanding of the Installations and Final Installation Inspection process for mechanical systems
- Experience of reviewing mechanical and weapons technical documentation and drawings
- Ideally have a min of HNC in Mechanical Engineering subjects
- Current /previous team leadership/mentoring experience
- Beneficial to have experience or knowledge of HP & LP Air and Hydraulic Systems, load testing
- Experience of DSEAR- Dangerous Substance, ATEX-Explosive Regulation and CHARN/ISO regulations and standards
- Good understanding of Installations Inspections and Final Installation Inspection process for Weapons Mechanical systems
- Good understanding of IT system and databases
To apply for the role please send a copy of your CV to Ghusselby@navis-consulting.com or call Greg on +44 (0) 2393 878 269 for more information.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Software Test Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Programme Engineering Manager - IT Services
- Engineering Manager - Platform Integration
- Technical Manager - Platform Integration
- Senior System Designer - New Business
- Technical Manager - Systems Architecture
- Technical Manager - Communications
- QA Specialist
- Part Time Consultant Psychiatrist
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Screening Doctor - Clinical Trials
- Executive Assistant
- Manufacturing Support Engineer
- Electrical Test Engineer
- Product Suppot Specialist
- Environmental Trainer (Maritime)
- Electrical Trainer (Maritime)
- Technical Superintendent - (Tanker/LNG) - Germany
- General Manager - (Fleet Management) - Germany