Family Violence Support Worker
About the Company
Quantum Support Services strives to positively improve lives within the Gippsland Community.
Our aim is to improve lives by empowering people, particularly the vulnerable, to reach their full potential.
At Quantum you'll be joining a team of dedicated, likeminded people who want to prevent homelessness, ensure women and children are safe from violence and that children and youth have security and a place to call home.
We are committed to building a workplace and community that encourages, supports, and values diversity.
About the Role
Are you passionate about improving outcomes for women, children and families experiencing family violence?
This role is for a dedicated, experienced family violence practitioner with great communication skills.
This role can at times be challenging, but the rewards are great.
You will have the opportunity to support and empower women and children in need, and will be making a real, and vital difference in people's lives.
Within the role you will provide case management support, intake and assessment, services and respect to women and children who are experiencing, or who have recently experienced, family violence.
This role will be based in Sale and will provide outreach support and promote awareness of the rights of women.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a contact service for women and women with children in the service delivery area who have experienced or are experiencing family violence
- Work with other government and non-government agencies in maintaining a responsive service delivery system for women and their children escaping family violence
- Participate in regular supervision, review and individual planning, including the identification of training needs provided by Practice Leader and Stream Manager
- Compiling reports on a monthly basis or as requested
- Daily & monthly collection of data for both internal and external purposes
- Performing tasks such as filing & correspondence and maintaining accurate records
- Maintaining Case Files within the guidelines of the Quantum Service Delivery Manual
Skills and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification (Diploma or above) and extensive relevant experience
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision and excellent time management skills
- Working with Children's Check, Police check and current Drivers licence
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and changing environment, and obtain satisfaction in supporting vulnerable clients formulate and achieve their goals
- Relevant experience working with clients in a health and community setting, preferably in relation to Family Violence
- Demonstrated commitment to the safety of women and children in the community
Key Selection Criteria
- An understanding of the social and political issues impacting on women and children escaping family violence
- A demonstrable understanding of and commitment to feminist philosophy
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of case management practices
- Previous experience in working with the client group and the ability to engage people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence
- A working knowledge of confidentiality and security issues for clients and workers as it relates to the family violence field
- Previous experience in crisis intervention and assessment with strong conflict resolution skills
- A commitment and ability to create strong links with appropriate services/networks and an understanding and knowledge of available resources in the region
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver culturally sensitive practices in working with the client group
- An understanding of team responsibilities and dynamics, and the skills required to be an effective team member
How to Apply
All applications MUST be received via the GBS Recruitment website (www.gbsrecruitment.com.au), Job # 200009588.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from GBS Recruitment
- Casual Relief Teachers - West Gippsland
- Casual Relief Teachers - East Gippsland
- Hospitality and Retail Staff Required – Summer 2019/2020
- Casual Relief Teachers - Latrobe Valley
- CRT Secondary Teachers - East Gippsland (Immediate Start)
- Recruitment Consultant (Education)
- Complaints & Risk Manager
- Practice Manager
- Administration Officer- Construction Industry
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Pathologist
- Traffic Planning Engineer
- Registered Nurse - Aged Care
- Plant Operator
- Product Installer
- General Labourer
- Construction Site Manager
- Assistant Site Manager
- Youth Justice Community Services – Support Worker
- Operations Manager