Cell Production Associate I
Eurofins DiscoverX is searching for a Cell Production Associate I in Fremont, CA.
The successful candidate for the Associate Scientist I position will join the Cell Services team with a multifaceted approach for providing high value services based on the DiscoveRx PathHunter platform and other proprietary technologies.
Cell Production Associate I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Expansion and maintenance of clonal cell lines for compound testing to support Profiling team
· Culturing expansion of clonal cell line, assay ready and bulk cells following detailed SOPs
· Preparing cell stocks for automated seeding if needed
· Organization and maintenance of frozen cell stock libraries.
· Production of cell stocks suitable for compound testing.
· Managing assay and cell culture supplies.
· Troubleshooting issues related to cell line performance.
· Providing support in high throughput screens and profiles.
· Supporting team members to group projects.
· Maintain laboratory equipment, reagent inventories, and laboratory notebooks
· Participation in and presentation at group laboratory meetings.
· Prepare reagents and cell culture media using aseptic technique
· Revise or generate new SOPs as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Experience in culturing mammalian cells is preferred.
· Knowledge of using Excel, PowerPoint or other programs for laboratory sample and reagent management is a plus.
· Experience in cryopreservation of mammalian cells is preferred.
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· BS or MS in cell biology / biochemistry with at least 1 years of cell-based cell production in an industrial which includes expertise in culturing various cell lines
· A solid understanding of basic biochemistry and cell biology is required.
· The successful candidate will need to be highly organized, efficient and able to multitask.
· Must be team-oriented and accustomed to working with other scientists.
· Must be comfortable and experienced working in a commercially focused lab environment.
· Must be detailed orientated and consistent in experimental approach.
· Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
· Hands on experience with cell culture and aseptic technique is required.
· Must be able to utilize basic math and chemistry concepts for preparing solutions and cell suspensions.
· Must able to follow SOPs, make careful observation, and to keep clear and complete records of work.
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Eurofins Scientific Inc.
- Associate Analytical Chemist I - Third Shift
- Logistics Associate – Specimen Management
- Group Leader: Biochemistry
- Sample Coordinator II-I
- Analytical Chemist
- Developmental Analytical Chemist
- Project Management Support Scientist
- Associate Sample Preparation Technician I
- Part-Time Sample Coordinator II-I
- Project Management Assistant - Clinical
- Quality Control Microbiology Analyst
- Customer Service Representative
- Principal Chemist: Analytical Development
- Senior Scientist: Analytical Development
- Senior Cell CultureTechnician
- Senior Chromatography Scientist
- Senior Chromatography Scientist: Second Shift
- Pharmaceutical Chemist: Entry Level
- Sanger Sequencing Laboratory Manager