General Manager - Rare Regional Agriculture Opportunity
The Herd Improvement Co-operative Australia Ltd are a farmer owned entity covering East Gippsland through to Western Victoria.
With a focus on providing quality products, services, and resources, HICO is determined on ensuring the success of local dairy farmers.
HICO has offices in Colac, Korumburra, Maffra, Warragul and a herd recording laboratory in Korumburra.
The spread of facilities enables excellent coverage of both Gippsland and Western Victoria along with allowing dairy farmers access to the best possible service and resources.
Click here or below to view a video further showcasing this role and the organisation.
About the General Manager role
The General Manager is the face of HICO, leading the Co-op and playing a pivotal role in being the conduit between the Board and staff.
The General Manager will drive the strategic direction of the business as determined by the Board, driving performance through their financial acumen, leadership, and vision.
Delivering HICO success with its customers in the local dairy industry.
Based in one of Australia's most sought-after destinations, this role will manage the team across the Maffra, Korumburra, Warragul, and Colac sites.
Living in Gippsland provides easy access to lakes, beaches, and the ski fields.
A region you'll love where you'll work and live where you love!
This is an exciting role with a long established and sound business led by a dynamic and progressive board.
The current General Manager at HICO is retiring after 10 years in the role and 25 years working within the organisation, creating a rare opportunity!
What you'll be responsible for
- Provide strategic vision and play a key role in developing the strategic plan for the business
- Develop and drive the marketing strategy, whilst enhancing the internal culture focussed on customer service
- Identify the business opportunities and risks facing HICO and create action plans to ensure performance
- Control and monitor financial and key revenue drivers, report financially at board level
- Lead and motivate the team across all sites, coaching members for performance, growth and accountability
- Be a strong presence and influencer across the wider dairy industry
- Develop and implement organisational policies and procedures that ensure best practice, quality, and safety
- Remain up to date with external regulations and create plans to ensure internal compliance and governance
What you'll bring to the role
- Excellent communication skills in a Senior Leadership role within the Agriculture industry
- Experience in a key strategic role with a proactive mindset
- Proven experience leading operations and managing multi-disciplined teams
- A track record in business development matched with strong commercial and financial acumen
- The ability to coach and mentor staff to drive performance and growth
- Exceptional networking capability with the ability to present at a board level and publicly
- Possess the ability to influence customers and stakeholders at all levels
- A Bachelor Qualification in Business or Marketing
What's on Offer
- Industry leading business with motivated staff led by a dynamic board
- Customer base seeking the best professional offer
- Attractive salary package of up to $200K
- The opportunity to live and work in picturesque Gippsland
How to Apply
All applications MUST be received via the GBS Recruitment website with a Cover Letter addressing your previous experience and quoting vacancy #200010667 (www.gbsrecruitment.com.au).
For more information, please contact Sam Aldridge on 0400034531.
For a copy of the position description please click the following link: HICO - General Manager PD
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from GBS Recruitment
- Primary Casual Relief Teachers (CRTs) 2020
- Property Manager
- Part Time Retail Salesperson
- Procurement Administration Officer
- Account Manager
- Cost Engineer/Officer (Reliability and Planning Team)
- Recovery Centre Manager
- General Hand
- Recovery Planning Lead
- GBS Employment Opportunities
- Environment Officer
- General Labourer
- Production Supervisor
- Process Worker
- Production Supervisor
- Inventory and Warehouse Controller
- Training Coordinator
- Casual Process Worker