Operational Technology Engineer
Do you have proven experience of installing, configuring and maintaining a range of hardware, software and control systems?
Pennon Group is one of the largest environmental infrastructure groups in the UK comprising both Viridor and South West Water.
At the top end of the FTSE 250, the Group has a workforce of around 5,000 people nationwide.
Together, our aim is to build the most trusted environmental solutions company in the UK providing infrastructure and services that enhance our customers' lives, protect the environment and deliver growth for our shareholders.
We now have an excellent opportunity for an Operational Technology (OT) Engineer to join our Group IT function.
This role can be based from Bodmin or Exeter, delivering a first-class service for our internal & external customers and keeping our services running 24/7.
We are in an exciting time of expanding our team and working with the very latest technology, so it is a great time to join us!
What will you be doing?
As our Operational Technology Engineer, you will install, repair and maintain critical remote plant and process control systems, supporting the safe and efficient delivery of operational services.
You'll be responsible for the timely delivery of capital investment, engaging Operational staff, regional managers and third-party contractors, on budget to a high standard while adhering to IT governance, policies and procedures.
The scope of the technology base is wide, including sensors, instrumentation, plant networks, PLCs, SCADA, process control and telemetry.
The successful Operational Technology Engineer will maintain a knowledge and skill level appropriate to this specialist area and participate in an out of hours standby roster.
What do you need?
* Degree or equivalent in a relevant IT discipline
* Relevant industrial control apprenticeship, qualifications or training
* Extensive and broad-based operational / industrial technology experience in a medium or large organisation
* Familiarity of ITIL and PRINCE2 project governance or equivalent
* Experience working with drinking and waste water treatment automation processes
* Familiar with scoping and quoting projects and work packages
* Experience using Microsoft Office, Access and SQL Server
* Ability to follow agreed processes, and provide suggestions in relation to ongoing improvement
* Resilient with the ability to adapt to changing situations and reorganise tasks, people and priorities
* Full driving licence
What can Pennon Group offer you?
In return for your hard work as our Operational Technology Engineer, we can offer a competitive salary of up to£44,990 based on your skills and experience.
We can also offer a range of excellent benefits, such as our Pennon Pension Scheme, and Free Car Parking.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as Operational Technology Engineer, apply today.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Commercial Contracts Lawyer
- Collections Coordinator
- Aftersales Assistant
- Workshop Controller
- Junior Data Scientist
- Online B2B Solutions Coordinator
- Parts Delivery Driver
- Construction Administrator
- Mechanical Craftsperson
- Working Supervisor
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Technical Administrator - Adoptions
- Accounts Assistant
- Apprentice Control and Instrumentation Engineer
- Pre-Development Lead
- Receptionist : Maternity Cover
- Sales Controller- Used Cars
- Vehicle Technician / Mechanic
- IT Application Specialist