Healthcare Team Leader
Healthcare Team Leader, Whitehead, Northern Ireland
Salary: £10 per hour (to be reviewed June 2020)
Our client has many years' experience in the private Nursing Home sector.
Each Home has a reputation for delivering high quality nursing care.
There are five Nursing Homes in the Group located at Belfast, Bangor, Whitehead and Larne.
The Role & Responsibilities:
* Provision of Care in accordance with agreed Care Plans
* Management ensuring they are updated at least monthly or sooner if there are any changes.
In addition, daily progress notes must be accurately recorded for each resident.
* Nutritional Intake
* Prevention of Pressure Sores
* Mouth Care as directed by the Nurse
* Management of Continence and Incontinence
* Repositioning Residents in accordance with Manual Handling Requirements
* Assisting Residents with mobility
* Assisting with Personal Hygiene - shaving, grooming etc
* Assisting in the bathing of residents in bed or in the bathroom
* Liaise with the relatives regarding residents as necessary, and if appropriate discuss and changes in care.
If there is a complaint or an issue that cannot be resolved, the complaint should be escalated to the Nurse Manager
* Liaise with the Multi-Disciplinary Team - this could include referrals to the District Nurse, Dietician, SALT, Care Manager or other Health Professional required to meet the needs of the resident.
This will also include facilitating Care Reviews with the residents Care Manager.
* Administer medications to residential clients.
This excludes Administration medication that needs to be injected (eg: insulin) which will need to be administered by a District Nurse.
* Controlled drugs must be administered under the supervision of a trained Nurse as per company policy.
The Team Leader will hold the keys for the residential drugs trolley.
* Ensure that adequate medication is held for residential clients / ordering PRN items / arranging for collection of acute items by the pharmacy (this will not include ordering of repeat prescriptions for the monthly medication order which will be completed by nursing staff
* Participate fully in the induction of new staff - ie: orientation, company policies, ensuring completion of induction training with signed programme being presented to the Home Manager for approval.
* Supervise care delivery in the residential unit- ensure Care Assistants allocations sheet is completed taking into account the skill mix for the unit.
* Ensure bedrooms and communal areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene and that wardrobes and drawers are kept tidy
* Be aware of the vulnerability of the residents and contribute to their protection from physical, sexual, emotional and financial abuse
* Promote the residents living and social skills.
Encourage their involvement in recreational and social activities and participate in these activities
* Listen, talk to and support residents
* Undertake cleaning duties as required
* Act as a key worker for a number of residents
* Actively participate in the ordering of stock ie: food/cleaning materials etc
* Ensure all maintenance work is reported and recorded in line with the Home's policy.
* Actively participate as a member of the sales team introducing/promoting the home with confidence to prospective residents.
* Actively play a role in promoting high standard in respect of: - Cleanliness throughout the home and its grounds, General care and wellbeing of residents, Team working with all departments within the home, Induction, training and development of staff, Recreational, entertainment, promotional activities, Confidentiality, Dealing with complaints and security.
Knowledge of Policies & Procedures
* Health & Safety Regulations
* Fire Prevention
* Manual Handling
* Managing behaviours that challenge
* COSHH Regulations
* Maintenance of a strict code of confidentiality in relation to knowledge of residents
* Adhere to procedure relating to infection control ensuring provision of care to residents with MRSA
* Participate fully in training to maximise job performance
* Have or be working towards Level 3 in Health & Social Care
* Attend mandatory training as required
* Familiarisation with Policy Manuals and adherence to Personnel Procedures
* Adherence to the Staff Uniform Code at all times
* Maintain effective communication with all staff and promote good working relationships
* Act as a role model to other members of staff.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
Physically Fit - Able to assist with the moving and handling of residents and relevant equipment.
Working towards Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care (or equivalent)
At least six months experience working in a similar environment
Ability to use initiative
Ability to accept responsibility
Ability to tolerate stress
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to communicate effectively
Self motivated and organised
Able to maintain confidentiality
Ability to work irregular hours
Courteous and Sensitive to Residents Needs
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
- Rate: £10 - £10 Per Annum
- Location: Whitehead, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Rafiul
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: RAN/AR/053482
- Posted: 2020-05-26 10:52:26 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Microsoft Office 365/Teams Developer
- Head Chef
- Accounts Analyst
- Vehicle Technician
- Business Manager - Automotive
- Personal Assistant
- Court of Protection Solicitor
- Book Keeper / Credit control / Office Manager
- WOK Chef
- Junior/Mid-weight UX Architect
- User Experience (UX) Architect
- Head of Data Strategy (remote working)
- Practice Development Lawyer - Corporate & Commercial/Corporate
- Experienced Animator / 3D Games Animator
- Kerber / Paver
- Teacher of Religious Education
- Associate : Corporate & Commercial/Corporate
- Associate : Corporate & Commercial/Corporate
- Public Sector Client Engagement Manager
- Operations Manager - Engineering