This job has been posted for more than 30 working days and has expired.
A large hospital in Swindon are looking for Catering Assistants to assist them.
Must have DBS & Food Hygeine Certificates.
- Assist in the preparation, production, heating and reheating of food for patients, staff and visitors.
- To produce items using basic cooking techniques e.g.
porridge, breakfast items, soup, sandwich, salads.
- To pick, pack, decant food items in required pack sizes.
- To work in all areas of the catering department including freezers, fridges and cold rooms.
- To load and unload food, beverage trolleys manoeuvring in a range of locations.
- Perform tasks wearing the correct uniform and protective clothing at all times.
- Maintaining food hygiene standards and records as required to comply with statutory obligations and HACCP.
- To clean all areas of the catering department and equipment, and undertake in line with the Daily Weekly Cleaning Schedules (DWCS) recording and signing off the required records using paper or electronic equipment.
- Wash up all items associated with the service using appropriate chemicals and equipment.
- To remove all types of waste in line with the agreed policy.
- Receipt and storage of supplies in a range of storage areas including working in freezers, fridges and cold rooms.
- Receipt and issues of stock for use.
- To participate in stock taking, recording volumes as required, via appropriate system including electronic, notify supervisors immediately of any concerns regarding quantities or quality issues of products.
- Communicate with patient and record on paper or using electronic equipment i.e.
Ipads, individual's menu selection, standard and diets, ensuring the selection is signed off by nursing staff, delivering this information to wards and catering.
- Having an awareness policies and procedures in relation to special dietary requirements
- Communicate with patient and staff, recording on paper or using electronic equipment patient/staff opinion surveys.
- Take part in meetings in area of work to engage with NHSL staff, patients and visitors to ensure a caring, safe and successful service is provided.
- Reading of patient choice cards including collection from wards if required.
- Conveyance of food, beverage trolleys to dispatch and receiving points.
- Service of meals and beverages for staff, patients and visitors ensuring portion control for a bulk or plated meal service.
- Preparation and delivery of functions.
- Minimise food waste wherever possible.
- Recording of food wastage on paper or using electronic equipment.
- Advising Team Leaders of any changes to food orders.
- Operation of cash registers including float and change control, cashing up and security of cash.
- Topping up of all cleaning materials in work area as required.
- To undertake visual inspection of equipment, prior to use, in line with H&S and training and take out of service and report to Team Leader/Manager any equipment faulty, completing appropriate paperwork i.e.
Portable Electrical Equipment.
- Cleaning, stocking and completion of records relating to vending machines (if required).
- To attend training, toolbox talks as requested and as identified through the annual Serco Essential training.
- Communicate to Team Leader/Manager requests to changes, in work practices, to ensure risk assessments, work instructions are appropriate.
- To report/maintain, via paper/electronic equipment, records of activities undertaken to allow accurate activity records to be maintained.
- To actively participate in changes to service delivery.
- Participate in risk assessments as required within the working environment.
- To participate in service audits with Supervisors, Managers and service user's as required using paper or electronic equipment.
- To conduct all exchanges with patients, staff and users of Wishaw General Hospital services in line with Serco/NHSL policies and procedures.
- To become part of the team in your area of work engaging with NHSL staff to ensure a caring, safe and successful service is provided.
- To adhere, at all times, to all statutory requirements and Serco policies and procedures.
Monday - Friday
07:00 - 20:00
If you are interested please contact Rosie @ Corus today.
£10 - £11 P/H.
More Jobs from Corus Consultancy
- Food Manufacturing - Cleaning Operative
- FLT Driver
- HGV Class 1 Driver
- Weekend Driver HGV 1
- Cleaners in Leicester
- Cleaer in Buckinghamshire
- Cleaner in Hampshire
- Deputy Head of Care (Domiciliary)
- Postal Sorter
- Cleaner in Leeds
- Van Contractor
- Cleaner - Billericay
- Registered Care Manager