Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Salary £40,000 - £45,000
Are you an experience Engineering Maintenance Manager looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor.
We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join the team based in Newhouse, Scotland.
This contract is working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
We are looking for someone who is already a manager, with previous experience in a similar plant or factory.
The ideal manager should be able to demonstrate how they have led, managed, developed and motivated technicians in a previous role.
You will also need to be able to prioritise and plan work effectively, respond well to changing and urgent priorities, provide guidance to assist and influence decision making, and deal with ambiguity.
You'll be proactive in assisting the site maintenance team with the delivery of planned and reactive workload and ensure that all Planned Maintenance inspections are completed safely, effectively and within budget.
You will prioritise and plan all maintenance work, ensuring that tools, parts and materials are available and production downtime is minimized, whilst also upholding and exceeding standards of safety.
The Maintenance Manager will plan and deliver multiyear maintenance plans and capital expenditure projects and ensure that all modifications or changes to equipment are in line with PUWER machinery safety regulations.
You'll continuously evaluate equipment reliability leading to Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies and the planning and implementation of subsequent improvement activity.
Additionally, you will effectively manage and participate in the maintenance call out schedule.
Our ideal Maintenance Manager:
* Relevant engineering background in mechanical or electrical engineering, with proven management experience
* Working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
(PUWER, LOLER, Working at height etc)
* Completed apprenticeship (NVQ level 3), HNC or HND in an appropriate engineering discipline
* Previous experience working within a process, production or manufacturing environment
* Analytical approach to problem solving
* In depth understanding of a strategic approach to engineering and maintenance
* An understanding of how lean concepts fit within the production and maintenance environment
* Good understanding of engineering best practice
* Analytical approach to problem solving
* IT literate, able to analyse data and produce detailed reports
* Full Driving Licence
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus mobile phone and a package including; contributory pension scheme, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- ICT Data Business Partner
- Head of Regulations
- Commercial Gas Engineer
- Minor Works Assistant
- Accounts Assistant - Motor Trade
- Stock Controller
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Application Specialist
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Operative
- Field Service Technician
- Commercial Plumber
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Site Administrator
- Billing Technician
- Treasury Accountant
- Account Director
- Customer Service Advisor
- Customer Service Advisor - Nights
- Unit Manager