Senior Agriculture Accountant
Senior Agriculture Accountant, Dalston, Dumfries and Penrith Salary - Negotiable
Our client has been established for over 20 years .The help their clients with accounts, tax, finances, debt recovery, or IT support .They have offices based in Penrith , Carlisle, Dalston & Dumfries
The Role & Role Responsibilities
To provide accountancy services to a range of agricultural entities.
To assist with delivering high quality, compliant and efficient services to both clients and staff through excellent customer service, communication and in the implementation of systems and processes.Duties to Include
* Preparing and submitting accounts, VAT returns and any relevant documents for a range of agricultural entities, ensuring all work produced is accurate, to the highest standard and in accordance with relevant legislation.
* VAT return preparation
* Dealing with clients in a professional and courteous manner and ensuring that their data, information and records are secure at all times.
* Using and complying with business systems and processes, for example client management systems and Virtual Cabinet, Sage and Digital
* Carrying out all work within a four week turn around period, where appropriate
* Assisting with training junior members of staff and overseeing their responsibilities.
* Aiming to carry out all work efficiently with a recovery of at least 90%.
Maintaining and updating workflow records in a timely and accurate manner.
* Working closely with other members of the team on specialist projects as and when required.
* Planning, managing and prioritising your own workflow, budgets and productivity to ensure targets and deadlines are met.
* Ensuring there is clear communication with your line manager and other team members on work being carried out.
* Helping your line manager identify ways to improve and develop the department.
* Dealing with all communications in a timely manner and ensuring they are of a high professional standard
* Taking full responsibility for all work and tasks assigned to you
Skills and Experience
* Five GCSEs at Grade A_C (9_4) to include Maths and English
* AAT/ACA/ACCA qualified; or graduates with an accounts related degree;or qualified by experience
* 2+ years' experience in accountancy practice in a relevant sector
* Specialist technical knowledge
* DAPA - Digital Accounts Production Advanced
* Competent in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
* A good team player who is flexible in their approach
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work accurately with care and attention to detail
* Time management skills
* Outgoing personality
* Specialist Technical knowledge
* Use own initiative
* Driving Licence
* Personal Qualities
* Hold high expectations of themselves and others within the company.
* The ability to operate effectively, both individually and as a team member.
* Professional and confident with the ability to respond to challenges in a calm and professional manner.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Insolvency Manager
- Payroll Executive
- Accountant/ Accountancy Team Member
- Legal Associate - Corporate & Commercial
- Document Management Lawyer/ Practice Development Lawyer
- Senior Legal Associate - Corporate & Commercial
- Teacher of Business Studies and Economics
- Teacher of Biology
- Registered Manager - Adoption
- Registered Veterinary Nurse
- Registered Care Manager
- Nursery Practitioner
- Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef De Partie
- Microsoft Office 365/Teams Developer
- Head Chef
- Accounts Analyst
- Vehicle Technician
- Business Manager - Automotive
- Personal Assistant