My client, based on the outskirts of Exeter, are seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Assistant to control the purchase ledger, taking full responsibility for the administration, processing and paying of the supplier invoices.
This is a great role for someone who likes to work autonomously, whilst still being part of a wider team, and who can organise and prioritise their own workload in order to meet deadlines.
The position involves a significant amount of liaise with senior members of staff in regards to obtaining purchase order information and authorisation for supplier invoices, and therefore confidence and good communication skills are important.
This is a busy role, with a good combination of administrative and accounting orientated tasks, and therefore would suit someone who is happy to make a career from working at Finance Assistant level.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Raising purchase orders and liaising with suppliers
- Co-ordinating deliveries to ensure delivery to the correct persons and location.
- Processing purchase invoices, ensuring coding to the nominal and vat is accurate, matching to purchase orders and obtaining approval for payment.
- Preparation of payment schedule, seeking approval, making payments via BACS.
- Control of petty cash.
- Creating new supplier accounts, reconciliation of accounts to supplier statements, and resolving any resulting queries.
- Assisting with month end duties including the preparation of purchase accruals and prepayment reconciliations.
Salary: IRO £20,000 - £21,000 pa