Senior Theatre Practitioner/Recovery Nurse
Maxxima’s permanent team are recruiting for a Senior Theatre Practitioner/Recovery Nurse based in Greater London.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a private hospital renowned for over sixty years of providing a high level of service to the local community and is frequently ranked by patients as one of the top private hospitals in London.
As a Senior Theatre Practitioner/Recovery Nurse, you will support the Theatre Manager to provide patient care during the pre, peri and post-operative phase of a surgical patient’s care within the hospital, whilst ensuring a high standard of professional practice and clinical care, working within the theatre team to promote a good working environment and maintain a supportive learning environment within the operating department.
Location: Greater London
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time (37.5 Hours)
Hrs: Shifts, including lates, weekends, and an on-call rota
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: £39,000, plus benefits including Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance Cover, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free Staff Counselling Service, and Subsidised Meals on Duty
On a typical day you will:
- Anticipate and interpret patient needs and the level of care required, with the ability to provide more complex care needs to patients with minimal supervision.
- Delegate and coordinate the nursing team in the delivery of care for a theatre list, and act as a clinical resource in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Lead on communicating with regards to patient care to a team of staff on a regular basis and communicate effectively across teams in support of patient requirements.
- Identify adverse incidents, situations and/or potential risks and demonstrate a problem-solving approach to issues as they arise at the theatre level.
- Act as a mentor and preceptor to junior staff, delivering formal and informal training and feedback.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- RGN or ODP and at least 3 years post registration experience
- Recognised recovery course and 12-18 months recovery experience
- Sound knowledge of recovery practice
- Leadership capabilities and a passion to support others.
Unlock your potential:
If you are you looking for a new exciting challenge within a patient-centred theatre department with a specialism in recovery - please apply today!
Why work with Maxxima?
The minute you register with Maxxima we make it about one thing: you.
The first time we talk you'll realise we know your speciality inside out.
Our expert recruitment consultants are here to find you the very best opportunities and help you every step of the way in securing the best placement.
We hold preferred or sole supplier status with many clients which means you'll have access to a range of opportunities that can't be found anywhere else.
With our team’s expert knowledge in healthcare we will help you through the interview stage with tips and advice and secure you your dream role.
We always act in your best interests, talking with you and listening to you.
You're an individual.
A professional; not a resource.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team.
With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement
More Jobs from Maxxima Group
- Echocardiographer - Kingston (Private)
- Echocardiographer - Hereford (Private)
- Echocardiographer - Harlow (Private)
- Echocardiographer - Hampshire (Private)
- Echocardiographer - North Lincolnshire (Private)
- Echocardiographer - Derby Community (Private)
- Biochemistry Biomedical Scientist required in Derby
- Cross Sectional Radiographer - Perm
- Sonographer - Perm
- Theatre Practitioner/Scrub Nurse
- Senior Theatre Practitioner/Scrub Nurse
- Senior Theatre Practitioner/Anaesthetics Nurse
- Team Leader - Plastics and Gender Dysphoria Scrub
- Senior Scrub Theatre Practitioner
- Senior Paediatric MRI Radiographer - Perm - London
- General Radiographer - Weekends
- Recovery Theatre Practitioner
- Anaesthetic Theatre Practitioner
- Lead Sonographer