Audit Senior (Hybrid or Remote)
Audit Senior – Hybrid or Remote Working – Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits – Full Time, Permanent
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats.
Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry.
Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience.
The Role – Audit Senior:
We’re looking for an experienced Audit and Accounts Senior to provide exceptional auditing and assurance services to a diverse range of clients, as well as providing support to the development of less senior staff to ensure they have the relevant knowledge and that they are given appropriate training to progress.
This Audit Senior role is available on a hybrid (a mix of office and remote working) or fully remote basis.
As part of this role, the day to day duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing financial audits, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements and Sopher + Co standards
- Proactive identification of key risk areas in audit planning process including identifying audit and control risks and tailoring of audit programs
- Preparation of audit planning memorandum, programmes and budget in a timely manner
- Solid understanding and performance of substantive and compliance testing and evaluation and resolution of errors
- Solid management and co-ordination of the audit team in accordance with time and budget constraints
- Investigate and provide recommendations for audit review queries
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work.
We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment.
We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You’ll ideally have a solid understanding and experience with a diverse range of clients, be accustomed to documenting systems procedures for complex cycles, identifying key controls for testing and tailoring compliance testing procedures. Naturally, you’ll have the experience in identifying key risk areas in the audit planning process, including identifying audit and control risks and tailoring of audit programs.
Ideally you will also have/be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Solid proficiency of Microsoft suite packages, especially Excel, Xero, Sage, CCH, Caseware
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at different levels
- Reliable and autonomous with strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Commercially minded, high level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility and mutual trust.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer.
Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent, Full Time
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Borehamwood or Home Based
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: i4 Recruitment
- Contact: Sopher + Co Branded
- Tel: 01603 415100
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SOC-6470
- Posted: 2022-03-23 15:52:07 -
- View all Jobs from i4 Recruitment
More Jobs from i4 Recruitment
- Sales Executive
- Conveyancing Paralegal Assistant
- Private Client Lawyer
- Mechanical Assembly Technician
- Mechanical Assembly Technician
- Sales Administrator
- HGV Technician
- Workshop Fitter
- Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
- Warehouse Operative - Forklift - Back shift
- Warehouse Operative
- Production Planner
- Vehicle Service Advisor
- Service Advisor
- Inshore Fishery and Conservation Officer
- Transport Night Administrator
- Sales Assistant
- Office Administrator