Senior Research Scientist Viral Vector Formulation
Zest Scientific is working with a progressive research and development organisation in the next stage of expansion, and we are looking to identify a Senior Scientist for their newly established advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) application group.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, you will play a central role in executing technical solution strategy related to the use of products within the bioprocessing, formulation and characterisation of viral vector-based therapies.
This role will appeal to you if you are an ambitious and experienced scientist with a customer-focused mindset, and looking to become part of an innovative and thriving organisation.
This permanent role will be based in a newly constructed, state-of-the-art Technology Center with some hybrid working.
- PhD with a preferred area of study: Biophysics, Biochemistry, Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field
- Strong background in biophysical characterisation with industrial experience in the field of ATMPs, and/or formulation development and/or CMC unit operations of viral vectors or viral vaccines.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering complex technical projects, ideally within the CDMO or biotech/pharma sector
- Ability for critical thinking and implementation of scientific ideas into practice
- Execute internal and customer projects in the field of formulation and characterisation for viral vector based advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs), including DOE formulation development, stability studies and stress testing of virus formulations
- Develop and execute scientific work plans (including implementation of new analytical methods), report the data, and communicate within the project team and to the clients
- Establish protocols and perform analytical characterisation of viruses, viral vectors and vaccines formulated in albumin using a range of analytical technology, e.g.
dynamic light scattering (DLS), particle imaging, AF4, SEC-MALS, chromatography, spectrophotometric analysis and other methods
- Work in collaboration with our cell group to establish protocols for cell-based assays to quantify biological activity of viruses and Real-time PCR (qPCR) assays for quantification of physical virus titers
- Drive innovation and further strengthen our analytical expertise with a focus on virus formulations
Our client is a rapidly expanding organisation at the forefront of expert research.
They are actively looking to recruit the best from within the viral vector space, so if you are a research scientist looking to develop your career with a progressive organisation, this role could be for you.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available.
Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.