Supplier Quality Engineer
Role: Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
2Fawcett are recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer for a Market leading company based in Derby.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer who is looking for a new challenge.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Assure application of Supplier Non Conformity Report (NCR) process in cooperation with Procurement, Project Manager, Engineering and other Quality members.
- Assure the management and registry of non-quality issues at suppliers through the 8D methodology and the Supplier Quality Portal; Push at the supplier-side for issue containment/mitigation, root cause, retrofitting the solution and compiling REX (Return of Experience).
- Organize, manage, report and follow-up of First Article Inspections at externally developed (sub)systems
- Ensure that suppliers take the right actions in case of serious defects in processes or product characteristics
- Report to procurement, project management and country level the effectiveness of mitigations, actions and application of procedures at suppliers
- Perform supplier audits and assessments and report accordingly.
Following up with the supplier on the execution of action plans and improvement due to the audit findings;
- Arrange approval of product deviations using the Derogation Request process (if necessary)
- Actively participate in QCD meetings with procurement
- Perform and report on Quick Industrial Assesments at new suppliers
- Regularly communicate with and visit suppliers to discuss NCR status and realize improvements in collaboration with the procurement department
Requirements of the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Vocational training level in a relevant technical related study;
- Minimum 5 years of experience a relevant industry developing electrical systems and mechanical works; preferred previous experience in the rail industry;
- Work experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer is a plus but not a must;
- Good knowledge of quality tools (e.g.
root cause analysis (like e.g 8D), audit, PDCA-cycle, FMECA, LEAN, etc.) is a plus;
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Independent, analytical thinker and proactive attitude;
More Jobs from 2fawcett Recruitement
- Temporary Works Engineer
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Software Quality Engineer
- Cloud Software Engineer
- Recruitment Consultant
- Online Merchandiser
- Production Line Leader
- Assistant Managment Accountant
- Part-time accounts assistant
- Graphics & Design Coordinator
- Digital Marketing Officer
- OLE Construction Lead
- IT Operations Support
- Group Marketing Manager
- Social Media & Assistant Marketing Manager
- Credit Controller
- Demand Planner
- Social Media & Marketing Executive
- Trainee HSQE Coordinator
- Accounts Assistant