Monday-Friday 08:00 – 16:30
Salary: £34,000 - £45,000
The Chemical Engineer will be a key figure instilling a process excellence culture through execution and involving, educating colleagues at all levels and across all functions on site.
Chemical engineering expertise, process best practice, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma principles, concepts and methodology will be key skills/tools in achieving this.
This position will align with the site business unit leadership to provide the requisite skills to execute initiatives which facilitate and drive change to improve quality & EHS performance, plant efficiency and effectiveness.
This in turn will drive bottom line performance of the site and build a quality-focused culture of continuous improvement.
This key role provides a link between the current and future state conditions which are critical to the continued success of the organization.
- Identify and execute improvement projects that fit within the site objectives.
- Providing technical knowledge & expertise to enable implementation of identified opportunities.
- Chemical engineering design as required for change implementation.
- Supporting & collaborating with plant management, affected employees, and other key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of identified process improvements.
- Develop improved training and development tools in direct relation to process operations and use these to improve the understanding and knowledge on site.
- Working to identify and resolve EHS, Quality and productivity issues.
- Be proactive in improving process safety on site.
- Drive improvements in operational excellence-based activities.
Undertake / assist with operational reviews, KPI development, data collection, efficiency improvement and data analysis.
- Completing change control, equipment qualification and process validation activities as required for implementing change opportunities.
- Support the relevant activities defined by the Continuous Improvement Roadmap to drive improvements in performance, capability, and engagement within the plant.
- Drive improved engagement of the factory team in CI through regular effective communication, training, and involvement in CI activities.
- Providing metrics and regular updates to the site management team as required.
- BSc, BEng, BA, Masters or advanced degree preferred in chemical Engineering.
- Desired understanding and practical application of Lean Principles and/or Six Sigma Green Belt.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated experience in a chemical engineering role.
- Proven chemical process design including equipment and process system specification and documentation.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers.
We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union.
Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications.
For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss
More Jobs from PROMAN
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Machine Support Assistant
- Account Manager
- Machine Operator
- Machine Operative (Days)
- Machine Operative
- Assistant Team Leader
- Production Team Leader (Nights)
- Retail Assistant
- HR & Facilities Administrator
- Trainee Colourist (Textiles)
- Junior Designer
- Machine Operator (Nights)
- Service Operative (Nights)
- Purchasing/Sales Administrator
- Credit Controller
- Lab Technician
- Stores / Goods In
- Quality Engineer
- Powder Coat Sprayer