High Voltage Testbed Electrician
In support of a globally operating manufacturing business we are recruiting a High Voltage Testbed Electrician to join the team in the North East of England.
Reporting directly to the Testbed Electrical Engineer the High Voltage Testbed Electrician should have experience with both High Voltage & Low Voltage systems and equipment with an in-depth appreciation of Control & Instrumentation.
High Voltage Testbed Electrician Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for long term and immediate support on test for all electrical obligations.
- Provide secondary support to electrical production technicians, collaborating towards common goals and assisting with instrumentation installations when workload requires.
- A strong focus on achieving tight deadlines while maintaining high electrical standards of work adhering to SOPs and safety documents.
High Voltage Testbed Electrician Competencies and behaviour required:
- Communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Influencing and persuasion skills
- Ability to act independently
- Fault/Problem solving skills
- Cultural awareness
- Time management skills
- Flexibility & ability to adapt to change
- Attention to detail
High Voltage Testbed Electrician Qualifications/Experience and Knowledge Required
- HNC/Equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of both LV & HV Equipment, Protection Systems &
- Electrical Distribution Knowledge of controls & instrumentation products and systems
- Design & drafting skills
- CAD & MS Office & general computer skills
High Voltage Testbed Electrician Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
High Voltage Authorised Person:
- Deemed competent to carry out work on and operate equipment referred to as LV, MV and HV up to 13.8kV.
- Expresses knowledge of related Health and Safety requirements.
- Support the Electrical Engineer with HV Planned maintenance duties.
- Comply with requirements of risk assessments and safety procedures.
- Accurate Job recording.
Low Voltage electrical Distribution Control:
- Correct selection of LV/MCC supplies.
- Correct selection of LV equipment to fulfill requirements.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Locating and rectification of defects within electrical systems & equipment.
- Control of consumable equipment.
Maintain the electrical 5S requirements:
- Correct storage of electrical equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area.
- HV/LV equipment and cable control.
- Ensure consumable electrical equipment is fit for purpose, conforms to health & safety requirements and is acceptable in appearance.
- Correct selection of contract and test instrumentation.
- Minimal faults whilst performing pre-test point-to-point tests.
- Effective fault finding.
- Correct connection of contract Unit Control Panels.
Support the Testbed Electrical Engineer in preparation and installation of complex test arrangements:
- Receive briefing on technical information relating to contract equipment used for string tests e.g.
including but not limited to HV Transformers, VFDs, Soft starters, UCPs, including interconnecting protection and control circuits.
- Work closely with Vendor FSOs; assist in creating job specific RAMS.
- Work within the guidelines of RAMS to ensure commissioning duties are carried out in a controlled and safe manner.
- Gather accurate information to produce or facilitate the production of electrical diagrams and documentation.
Drawings and information which can then be used for installation and commissioning including repeat installations of multiple units.
Test Upgrade Projects:
- Designing and coordinating test bed improvements in order to reduce set up time and maximize personal safety.
- Project managing new installations, ensuring that milestones are achieved and costs controlled.
- Liaising with procurement for purchase of required equipment, working closely with suppliers in order that they fully understand requirements.
For more information on this High Voltage Testbed Electrician role please contact Chris Taylor on: 01484645269 /
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Recruitment Consultant
- Field Service Supervisor
- Field Service Supervisor
- Production Technician
- Machine Operator
- Compressor Service Engineer
- Assembly Fitter
- MIG Welder Fabricator
- Electrical Harness Technician
- Tail Lift Engineer
- Mechanical/Vehicle Fitter
- Design Engineer
- Panel Wirer
- HGV Mechanic
- Welder Fabricator
- Auto Electrician
- Production Operative
- Fettler /Grinder