Lead for Supported Living and Children's Services
First City Nursing Services have an exciting opportunity for someone to join an existing and growing team.
We are looking for a Lead for Supported Living and Children's Services.
This is an ideal opportunity for those who may be working in a Senior or Team leader position looking for their first role in leadership and management.
You will provide direct supervision to the support team under the guidance of a Senior Manager to deliver the integration of care and support services.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering great customer care, someone with experience in supporting those with learning disabilities and / or children with needs and enabling people to live the lives they want as well as being an inspiring leader to work with staff in making the changes that are required.
The role of the Lead for Supported Living and Children's Services is to support the delivery of the highest quality care and support whilst working in a flexible, creative and innovative way.
This is a central office based role which includes the assessment and review of individual services and the practical supervision, instruction and support of care workers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Take ownership of achieving the highest levels of compliance with regards to regulations, laws, quality standards & policies, ensuring we achieve outstanding CQC compliance
- Ensuring the Health & Safety policy and procedures are followed at all times providing a safe working environment
- To organise a varied programme of social, cultural and recreational activities tailored to meet individual needs, promoting independence and making each day as fulfilling as possible
- Ensure consistent application of company policies, procedures and approved practice; and to promote the aims and values of First City
- Continually review and improve processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is being delivered to our customers
- Provide leadership to the highest level of support to the team, to ensure the very best outcomes in everything we do
- Ensure staff training is implemented and the delivery of exceptional care services, to customers living in their own home, is achieved consistently
- Take responsibility for ensuring the emergency on-call mobile phone is covered outside normal office hours, including holding the phone as part of the on-call rota.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the business with developing a staff team able to implement a change programme based on the needs and wishes of those receiving services or who may receive the service in the future.
This person will need to understand how to work in a person-centred way that builds on the strengths of staff and customers to develop together a service that offers excellent care and support and a range of stimulating and interesting activities and events to those in the schemes and in the wider community.
The team leader will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the highest levels of quality support and at the same time being prepared to lead staff and customers through a change programme that will require everyone to try new things
- NVQ Level 3 with willingness to go to a Level 5
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to talk passionately about our services and values to potential clients or referral sources
- Extremely well organised, excellent planning and prioritising ability with high attention to detail
- Experience supporting those with learning disabilities/children with needs
A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle isn't essential for this role
- 20 days annual leave entitlement plus statutory bank holiday
- Workplace pension scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Supportive induction, and training and development
- Access to Employee assistance programme with Health Assured.
* Further earning potential exists within this role
Office hours are 08.30am -17.00pm, salary includes on call duties which is a requirement of the role.
Some flexibility in hours may be required to suit the needs of the business.
Any employment with First City Nursing and Care is subject to satisfactory references and DBS check and full completion of any training required.
This position may be closed sooner if a suitable candidate is appointed
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Up to £24300 per annum + Pension, Full Training
- Location: Swindon, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: First City Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Laura Hammersley
- Tel: 01793 313044
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-05-03 15:41:06 -
- View all Jobs from First City Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from First City Recruitment Solutions
- Male Support Workers / Care Assistants - For 1-1 Day Shifts
- Support Worker One to One Care (Days)
- Support Worker One to One Care (Nights)
- Nursing Home Care Assistants
- Community Support Worker
- Care and Support Worker – Waking nights - Swindon
- Reablement Support Worker
- Support Planner
- Sensory Impairment Support Worker
- Care Co-Ordinator - Isle of Wight - Newport
- Registered Manager: - Domiciliary Care - Isle of Wight
- Evening and Weekend Home Carer
- #New Career Pathway #Social Care Jobs
- Support Worker - Autism & Epilepsy
- Community Cleaner
- Skilled Support Worker
- Community Homecarer - Ryde
- Community Homecarer - Newport
- Community Homecarer - East Cowes
- One to One Care Nursing Home Support Workers – Based in Swindon