2nd Line Support Technician
My client are a global manufacturer, looking for a passionate individual to deliver a high quality service to their users.
This 2nd line support role will be supporting the customers in the business by:
- Providing Desktop and application support to the end users
- Running with/taking responsibility for escalated and major incidents, and the coordination of appropriate and timely responses, including channeling requests to other resolver teams including 3rd
- Perform onsite hardware and software fixes, and where necessary workarounds, across multiple sites.
- Provide mentoring, training and guidance for technicians in all regions.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager in agreeing common standards and practices and delivering against those standards.
To be successful in this 2nd Line Support role my client are looking for the following attributes and experience:
- Solid experience within a 2nd line support role
- Understanding of MPLS and VPN fundamentals
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Good understanding of WAN and LAN environments
- Understanding of VM ware
- Good understanding of Office 365 and Exchange online
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments and pressurised workload
- Detailed understanding of client hardware and operating system to affectively trouble shoot problems
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results
- ITIL Foundation certificate
This role requires travel to customers sites, therefore a full clean driving licence and own vehicle is essential.
If successful, this role is paying a salary dependant on experience of between £28,000 - £32,000.
This role is based in Sherburn In Elmet and is commutable from Castleford, Weatherby, Leeds, Morley, Selby, Pontefract, Wakefield, York, Goole and many more.
If you happen to know a 2nd Line Support Technician who may be suitable, please do get in touch as we do operate a referral scheme.
More Jobs from Hewett Recruitment Ltd
- Information Systems Engineer
- Office Administrator
- Compliance Team Administrator - Property management
- IT Support Technician
- Accounts Administrator
- Purchase Ledger Supervisor
- Payroll Assistant
- IT Field Engineer
- SecOps Engineer
- Project Worker – Relief / Bank Staff
- Graduate Infrastructure Engineer
- Support Analyst
- Product Tester
- Management Accountant
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Relief Project Worker
- Assistant Management Accountant
- IT Technician
- Business Analyst