Data Protection and Policy Officer
Job Title: Data Protection and Policy Officer
Hours: 37 hours per week
Based: Sevenoaks, TN13
Role Responsibilities -
Lead and take responsibility for compliance with data protection legislation and a culture of privacy by design and default.
Responsibility for delivering government consultation responses and helping the business understand the impact of regulatory changes.
- Appointed Data Protection Officer incorporating all statutory obligations set out in Article 39 of the UK GDPR.
- Lead, develop and review data protection documentation including relevant policies, privacy notices, data sharing agreements and data protection impact assessments to safeguard.
Report compliance with legislation to relevant audiences for monitoring and accountability purposes.
- Lead as expert for data protection providing advice and training and ensuring the business is kept up to date on changes.
Act as the lead contact for the Information Commissioner's Office and key audits and lead on any investigations, outcomes and/or recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Collaborate across the organisation to ensure data processing activities meet legislative requirements including reviewing and developing operational systems and processes.
- Lead for investigating, responding and implementing actions and outcomes on data protection breaches.
Oversight for all rights requests.
Lead on data protection impact assessments and legitimate interest assessments
- Responsible for responding to Government consultations.
Understand the external housing policy, legislative and regulatory environments and apply knowledge to support and manage the impact.
Essential Criteria -
- Experience of analysing and interpreting legislation including a detailed understanding of current data protection rules and regulations.
- Demonstrable skills in analysing and interpreting legislation to support policy decision making
- Good oral and written communication skills across all audiences, including the ability to engage colleagues and present information in a form accessible to audience
- Experience of managing multiple, complex tasks in a pressured environment to deliver to deadline and priority
- Demonstrable analytical skills and experience of using sound judgement for decision making
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity to determine appropriate action
- Experienced at establishing effective relationships with colleagues and third parties to enhance services
If you are interested in the role and meet the above criteria, please email me your CV for consideration
If you have any questions regarding this role, call Ryan at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start: June 2022
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Up to £45000.00 per annum
- Location: Sevenoaks, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Ryan Curwen
- Tel: 01772208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-05-05 16:23:49 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Warehouse Operative
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Contracts Surveyor
- Support Worker
- Senior Booking Co-ordinator
- Grounds Maintenance Operative
- Gas Engineer
- Mental health night support worker
- Customer Resolution Team Administrator
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Resettlement Support Officer
- Grounds Maintenance Operative
- Medical Secretary
- Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse - NHS
- Electrical Project manager