Senior Design Engineer - London
Position: Senior Design Engineer
Salary: Neg DOE
Excellent opportunity to join a leading International multidisciplinary engineering consultancy either in their Birmingham or London Office.
- Work closely with the Team/Project Leader on all technical matters relating to the projects.
- Assist project teams with all aspect of project implementation, including but not limited to: Submittal reviews (test reports/datasheets) o Thermal and Structural calculation assessments o Drawing/Detail reviews o Site and factory inspections (must be willing to travel and spend time away overnight) o Quality audits o Report preparation
- Work on defined tasks under limited supervision with a degree of autonomy in a fast paced environment.
- Responsibility for checking the quality and accuracy of their own work.
- Responsibility for the production of routine letters and/or reports (e.g.
site inspection reports) and other documents from standard templates.
- Represent the team/group/profession/discipline at external meetings.
- Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects and other consultants.
, Responsibility for meeting agreed deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently research design options and document findings , Ability to develop assessment and reporting tools e.g.
- Experience in operation of project management systems (e.g.
- First Degree in Architecture or relevant building engineering (Civil, Structure, Mechanical) required.
- MSc in Façade Engineering preferred but not essential.
- Thermal Engineering/Building Physics calculation experience, in particular on façade systems.
Experience in Bisco/Trisco/Flixo software packages preferred.
- Knowledge of structural engineering design and analysis to European and British standards - a benefit, but not critical.
, Knowledge/understanding of façade systems.
- Awareness of current sustainability and embodied carbon trends.
- Awareness of current fire regulations.
- Familiarity with CWCT general guidelines.
- Right to work in the UK.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place.
Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK.
Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on +353 59 915 8972 in complete confidence.
More Jobs from Elk Recruitment
- Window and Door Professionals
- Window Fitter, Glazier, Installer
- Facade Professionals
- Facade Designers - All levels - Nationwide
- Customer Support Executive
- Fire and Security Engineer, CCTV, Fire Alarms, Access Control
- BER Assessors- All Levels
- Sales Representative – Automatic Doors & Access Controls
- Compliance Administrator- Electronic Security Industry
- Fully Qualified Air Conditioning Engineer
- Automatic Door Engineers
- Electrical Site Foreman
- General Operative- Forklift Licence
- HVAC Engineer
- Accounts Administrator
- Window and Door Fitters
- Sales & Hire Controller
- Office Administrator
- Structural Steel Engineer