Network Operations Center Systems Administrator - 100% Remote
Salary: up to $90K
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Remote)
Our client is a full-service financial services firm, providing comprehensive financial advice and superior service to individual, corporate, and institutional investors.
They are seeking a NOC Systems Administrator to join their team in Philadelphia, PA!
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Actively participating in the day-to-day efforts to monitor and manage Janney's IT infrastructure, including nighttime batch processing, and acting as a first responder in troubleshooting efforts.
- Efficiently understanding the context of alerts/alarms generated by network, server, and systems monitoring tools and troubleshooting according to established procedures and standards.
- Responding to issue escalations and service interruptions in a time sensitive manner as a confident technical resource.
- Identifying, refining and implementing reliable system standards and processes focused around mitigating risk, early detection and effective monitoring practices.
- Interacting closely with the development, server, network and storage teams to implement emerging technologies and applications.
- Providing actionable after-incident analysis to ensure root causes are understood, logged and remediated.
- Evaluating, recommending, and maintaining best in class monitoring and management tools.
Here's what our ideal candidate has:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in network/systems operations in a 24/7 mission critical IT infrastructure
- 3 years of experience with enterprise management tools
- Demonstrates success in time-sensitive operational processes, tools and performance tracking mechanisms for mission critical IT systems
- Proven capability to work together with all functional areas (infrastructure, development and systems) of an IT solutions department
- Deep-rooted work ethic with the ability to work tasks independently towards achieving team-goals.
- Manage multiple priorities in an efficient, effective manner and has well-established time management skills
- Structured and detailed-orientated problem-solving skills
- High-level understanding of SNMP and WMI protocols
- Basic server administration with familiarization of networking concepts
- Knowledge of recovery and DR/BC operations
- Understanding of current IT best practice standards, principles, and security practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to host multi-team troubleshooting sessions
- Clear, efficient and timely communications to technical peers and management
- Administrative/Hands-on experience with:
- SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM) and Network Traffic Analyzer (NTA)
- IPSwitch's Whats Up Gold
- Commvault Commserv Backup Software
- MS-SQL Studio Manager
- FTP job monitoring and reinitialization
- Cisco Jabber and WebEX
- Microsoft Active Directory User and Computers Admin
More Jobs from Agile
- Windows System Administrator
- Senior Embedded Security Engineer
- Full Stack .NET Developer
- Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
- ASPICE Test Engineer
- Cyber Security Data Analyst
- Cyber Security Data Analyst
- Sr. Technical Project Manager
- Telecom Admin (Avaya)
- Compensation Analyst
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Software Architect
- Platform Engineer
- Software Engineer- III
- Citrix Server Engineer
- Senior Network Engineer
- Full Stack Developer
- Software Engineer- II
- System Integrator